Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung UN58TU7000 half screen color problem

Serge 125

Hi all!!

Ok I got this tv that the power would come on and off automatically and I was able to fix this problem with tape on 1 line on that connection strip that connects to the left side of the screen but now it has a small problem and I'm not sure if it's the tape on the specific line that is causing this problem; the problem is that on the left side of the screen the color isn't right depending on the video that is on and I don't understand why it's doing this. The TCON is on the mainboard now so there is only 2 boards on this tv. So I have provided a video link showing the problem and hope this is fixable.

Thanks for any help!!!

Serge

Sometimes, improper connections or interference can cause color distortions. So, there is a chance that the tape is to blame. Remove the tape and check if the problem persists. Make sure all connections between the TCON board, the mainboard, and the screen are secure. Inspect for any loose cables or damaged connectors.

Sometimes, improper connections or interference can cause color distortions. So, there is a chance that the tape is to blame. Remove the tape and check if the problem persists. Make sure all connections between the TCON board, the mainboard, and the screen are secure. Inspect for any loose cables or damaged connectors.
Thanks for the responce!! Ok if I remove the tape the screen will not turn on and as I said before the tv goes into a on/off reboot and the tape thing stops it but the video that I show is that one video will work normally (the one with the guy in it) but the moment I go to a HD or UHD it changes the color. So it works but I have a feeling MAYBE it's the built in TCON on the main board since one video that I saw had the same on/off reboot but doesn't have the color problem after he did the tape mod. Yep all connections are all ok it's just doesn't seem to like HD or UHD on that side of the screen.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back