Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I cannot understand why one of the possible degrees of qualification for "Reputation" is "Newbie".

I am not native in English but that is pure nonsense.

"Newbie", like "Cadet", "Junior" or "Senior" are not words to tell what reputation you have in a group but to express a certain level of expertise / experience / age, your progress along the time or when developing a career, formal or not.

Even to a native english speaker its still nonsense. The whole reputation thing is just for fun.

I'm just glad its "newbie" and not "noob" I hate that word!:rolleyes:

"Newbie", like "Cadet", "Junior" or "Senior" are not words to tell what reputation you have in a group

Ahh, I believe they do.

The current reputation system has Newbie, Okay, Good and Excellent and is a very easy to follow guide that lets you know what level of help that you can may expect from a reply by that person. Reputation is not the same and doesn't attempt to reflect "experience" at electronics.

Last edited:
Ahh, I believe they do.

The current reputation system has Newbie, Okay, Good and Excellent and is a very easy to follow guide that lets you know what level of help that you can may expect from a reply by that person. Reputation is not the same and doesn't attempt to reflect "experience" at electronics.

Possibly if the word "reputation" was changed to "feedback rating" it would be more in line with what it's attend is? Just a suggestion ;)

Lefty

Reputation is not the same and doesn't attempt to reflect "experience" at electronics.

From all the words you mention, "Newbie" is the sole that suggests exactly that. You hardly could say the same for "Okay", or "Excellent". This is, at least, inconsistent.

According to a dictionary of good reputation, Reputation means: "the opinion that people in general have about someone or something, or how much respect or admiration someone or something receives, based on past behaviour or character".

Now your okay :)

This has been debated before and is better than the old system we had. This is actually based on members ratings that they choose to give you, if you don't get any I see it being justified that you start as a newbie. You only need one member to post reputation and you go up to the second level of "Okay".

If you have a better suggestion than this then please do suggest it, I am always willing to hear it but it has been debated before and this was the best we could come up with. It is not meant to be a certificate in electronics, simply reflects your reputation with the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back