Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question? THought for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how well it is insulated and how much humidity is in the air.

o ok im in villa rika its really really cold and i mean so when i take it off of whatever i charged it on it still can shock people(oh i changed my mind i want it to be a thin plate that i can sit or walk around and touch people with of course wearing rubber gloves or do u think i could make like a thick card shaped one like shaped like a cell phone battery and a charger if u have any ideas please tell me them or make a schematic for me please :lol:

robotgangsta said:
o ok im in villa rika its really really cold and i mean so when i take it off of whatever i charged it on it still can shock people(oh i changed my mind i want it to be a thin plate that i can sit or walk around and touch people with of course wearing rubber gloves or do u think i could make like a thick card shaped one like shaped like a cell phone battery and a charger if u have any ideas please tell me them or make a schematic for me please :lol:

No, not really. A ball has very low capacitance and won't hold enough unipolar charge in itself.

A 2-terminal capacitor can hold a high enough voltage to shock, even injure someone and can hold the charge for a long time. It is not unipolar like a Van deGraff generator ball- someone must touch both terminals of the capacitor to get a shock. While many of us have charged up 200v caps and tossed them to somebody saying "here, catch!", that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

robotgangsta said:
i dont want to use energy storing capacitors because i read that they are very dangerous. and i want it to be a card shaped figure like a tazer i want it to be just a rechargable battery like tazer

You really want to shoot charged ball bearings, don't you? :wink:

Well you could get a ball-bearinging, cut a slice out of the centre making two hemisperes (but not quite) then put some dialecrict inbetween (pref poly) and slightly around the edge.

That way you have alot of bear mettle to make contact on the target BUT capacitve effect as well.

Inside the poly you must install a tiny DC-DC converter circuit running off a tiny hearing-aid battery. Don't exceed a few thousand volts or it will arc over the poly.
Wouldn't that scare people if the ball-bearing made big arcs? It would even make loud snapping noises. :lol:

An arc is a spark that jumps from one side of the ball-bearing to the other. Maybe you could plan the arcs so they cause the ball-bearing to spin.

You forgot about clothing. You must coat the ball-bearing with something that will dissolve clothing. You could even make the stuff sticky.
Coka-cola is sticky and will dissolve just about anything.

Now you say it must be the size of a quarter. A quarter of what? A bus? :?:

I think we are all laughing. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back