Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming in M58LW032C Flash IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaikanth

:?
Friendz,

I'm having M58LW032C Flash IC (TSOP-56).
I want to erase the content of the IC and
reprogram some other data through serial port.
I heard that there are some c based drivers files
available for programming W58LW032C IC.
What is the way to program like this flash IC?
I don't want to use external device like J-TAG for programming.
I want to program directly through serial port.
I'm eagerly looking for the reply.
Thank u very much.

https://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/9083.pdf
as you can see to write to this chip is , not impossible but difficult at best..
to do a write with the serial port would take intimate knowledge of serial port communications.
also it would require a fairly elaborate circuit , consisting of serial to parrallel shift register, a 3 to 8 line decoder , flip flops to store the signal levels..
hope this helps..

Attachments

• timing_diagram.gif
    timing_diagram.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 764
I assume you are going to connect this memory to a microprocessor. In this case the easiest way to program the memory is with a bootloader running on your uP. The bootloader reads from the serial port and then writes the data to the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back