Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagh

Can anyone tell me what is the power consumption of the circuit below? (I mean parametric (equation) not the value of power consumption )

upload_2015-10-3_16-20-41.png

If you assume the vi+ and vi- are such as to keep the circuit in the linear mode, then you know that, due to the current mirror, the current in the differential stage is twice the (I) current that is going to Mb1 of the mirror circuit (I assume that's what the 2X next to Mb2 means).
So if you know the voltage across the circuit, and the total circuit current as determined by the current mirror, then you can easily calculate its power dissipation.

P.S. This sounds like a problem that should be in the homework section.

Aren't those FETs upside down?

Can anybody clarify one thing for me if DC output vo+ has min and max value for example between 1 and 1.8. In this case can I say (i2+i4)*(ro2 in parallel with ro4) would be between 1 and 1.8. I mean can I say "DC output vo+" = (i2+i4)*(ro2 in parallel with ro4)? I'm not sure about this equation would be for DC or not!?

Aren't those FETs upside down?
No.
The top FETS are P-channel which form a current-mirror.
This is a very interesting IC circuit that generates a high gain, due to the high impedance of M4's drain, and also converts the differential input to a single-ended output.
It or some variation are commonly used as the differential input stage of an op amp.

Post deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back