Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plastic gear from hourmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I have a RPM counter gauge with hourmeter included from VDO which has a failure in the hourmeter counter. The failure is on a plastic gear which is moved by another plastic gear fixed on an small DC motor. Two teeth of the plastic gear are broken and I know it´s a usual failure at these gauges because I already found the same problem on other two a few months ago.

I would like to know if somebody knows a good supplier for these kind of gears or a manufacturer. They are also used at VCR, CD players... but I can´t find a company which supplies these spares.

I found this in Italy www.minigears.com but I´m not sure they are able to supply me the part.

MCM Electronics used to handle a lot of VCR repair stuff. Jameco and other suppliers to robot enthusiasts also sell a lot of plastic gears. Small Parts Inc might be another source.

You might read up on how gears are described/defined. That might enable you to measure what you have so you can find a match. Number of teeth is pretty basic - pitch, pressure angle, etc are other significant parameters. I would agree with you that there are some common parameters but I would not know where to begin. The problem - you might find something that looks like a match but if the teeth don't mesh then you've got the wrong one.

Hello Stevez,

thanks for the info, I will check those sites you told me, at the moment I´m here

https://www.sdp-si.com/eStore/Group.ASP?GroupID=207

but I think it´s really difficult to find the proper one because it has doble face, one bigger than the other, with different amount of teeth and the bigger one has also a specific angle at its teeth so... really complex to find it by catalogue!!!!
I´ll keep you informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back