Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ornithological project

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrictiff

Hi all,

As a domestic sparky I have very limited knowledge about electronics and dc (12v) supplies. Basically I need to rig up a unit to be used outside, initially wired and at a later date maybe remote and also to possibly include remote video.

I have a license to carefully catch birds in mist nets for the scientific purpose of monitoring movement, age, longivity etc, one way of calling them into the area is by use of a speaker, I need a more powerful unit and currently already have a 12v bike battery, 12v amp, 2 speakers, mp3 player and I also have a battery level indicator on the way from RC, I would like to know if and what fuses I may need to incorporate into the unit, also how would I go about remotely accessing the rig via the mp3 player and if it would be possible to get remote video. The distances from rig to me would be no more than 30 mts.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's not totally clear what your immediate needs are. :confused:

You can fuse the power supply/battery for the maximum current your amp takes if you are concerned about shorts.

If you need a larger amp, how large would that be? What is you present amp power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back