Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One Post Wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not just the URL in the link I posted above that got me amused, the real clincher was Audioguru's reply.

I'm quite sure that posting similarly ridiculous, non-exixstant links, will not only get the point across to those concerned, but may just provoke some more of Audioguru's witty quips.

Some folk appear to have been put on this earth for the sole purpose of entertaining the rest of us.

And how they flock to this site....

:)

P.S. Bill, I found the crane one and had a chuckle, but "man-cake" still eludes me.

Do you have a link?

Last edited:
What urks me is many of them claim to be in their senior year or 5th semester of engineering school, yet they appear clueless and the lack self-initiative to use their web browser for what it's intended to do. Strange, how they manage to find this place easily enough, register and create an account to post, and yet their browser mysteriously skips over the 35 pages of links on how to make an LED flash!!!:confused:

HiTech,

I think the next competition should be to create a portal (obviously with SV's input) to enable you to do exactly as your sig says. :D

Heck, let's scrap the competition and make it a colaboration...that way we would "git r done" that much quicker, then...

...let the slappin' commence.

Heck, let's scrap the competition and make it a colaboration...that way we would "git r done" that much quicker, then...

...let the slappin' commence.

lol, I luv that Git r done bit... That guy is so funny.

I want to make a bluetooth transmitter and reciever for a timer denator,
i have benn with naval intelligence agency for a year now and i will like to get a higer post for developing a new thing all togerther by myself pls i really need an assistance for the schematic diagram both for the transmitter and for the reciever.

"There's your sign"

Nothing wrong with answering "one-post wonders" as long as it follows the rules of the board, answered questions means more knowledge accessible to everyone.

I confess to being very discouraged, once or twice, by the lack of follow-up from a one-poster. This followed my reply where it took quite a bit of work to come up with a thorough response. Nowadays, when I am in doubt about the poster's intention to continue the conversation, I will ask a simple question of him first, just as a test of his resolve. If there is no response to the simple question, then I need put no more work into it.

These OPW's are a very strange bunch, indeed. They won't post their thoughts on post-secondary blogs and forums, so they invade this forum hoping for better(?) assistance. If we regard them as spam and apply bug killer or ant traps, will they be reduced or eliminated?

I think we shouldn't be too hard for those kids.
If we would have had internet when we were at
college who knows what stupid questions we would
have asked and we probably would have used txt
speak as well. But they aren't all as bad as we
like to think, sometimes they even come back to read
the replies . . . after ten months. :D

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/convert-220-ac-to-3-6-vdc-for-lighting-led.36652/

Maybe he needed time to think it over ? :confused:

on1aag.

I've searched for detonator here and it's pretty much one post wonders with the occasional rocket launcher. I wonder how many would be terrorists actually post on forums.

Durka Durka.

Bill,

I am not so sure would be terrorists are not smart enough to pose as dumb kids and ask their questions here.

Anyway, if one looks at the current thread on detonators, there is 45 replies and 10, 806 views. The ratio is 240 views per reply. For most other threads, the ratio seems closer to 10 or 20:1. In other words, someone is looking and not talking.

That's just a little paranoid thought to help you sleep. :D

John

Not to mention the liabilty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back