Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post some funny stuff...

I had a dog/accelerator pedal interaction a few weeks ago.

I had to move my wife's electric car, just a few yards on our driveway. As I get in the car, our dog, a terrier, decided to join me, and he sits in the driver's footwell. The car's right hand drive, normal for the UK, so he's in front of the accelerator. I realised that the dog would be in the way so that I couldn't operate the accelerator, but I only needed to release the brake and the car would move slowly, so I wouldn't be likely to use the accelerator anyhow. I let him stay where he was.

I turn the car on, selected a Drive, and released the brake. That's when I found that the dog had pushed the accelerator quite a lot, and the car accelerated a lot faster than I had intended. Of course, my foot was still on the brake pedal, so I stopped the car very quickly, and no damage was done.

Like most people, I'm far more used to IC cars than electric cars, and a stuck accelerator on an IC car would be obvious and loud as soon as the engine is started. I've had it happen. The maker of electric cars have simulated turning on the ignition, starting the engine, and putting the car into gear, all as separate functions, but they haven't got anything to say the accelerator is pressed. I don't think it's important. I was easily able to control the car, as soon as I felt the acceleration.

Electric cars usually have quite obvious warnings if the car is "in gear" and the door is opened. I guess they can't have that on a golf cart, although mowers and the like often have a pressure switch on the seat.

The suspect told officers he played Grand Theft Auto and believed he could outrun the police.

If you think 2020 to 2021 was bad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
"By the year 2022, the cumulative effects of overpopulation, pollution and an apparent climate catastrophe have caused severe worldwide shortages of food, water and housing."

Did ya get out.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Buk
So insane it's now funny.

BREAKING NEWS. A shortage of sledge hammers?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Depot-Bottega-Veneta-store-Black-Friday.html

Roaming packs of thieves ransacked another luxury retailer in Los Angeles on Black Friday before descending on Home Depot despite California Gov. Gavin Newsom's vow to crack down on the string of organized 'smash and grabs' plaguing the state.

The Bottega Veneta store in LA's trendy Beverly Grove shopping district saw a large group enter the store at 5:21 p.m. and snatch pricey merchandise before one robber pepper-sprayed someone in the face, the LA Police Department reported.

At the Home Deport, in Lakewood, eight people made their way into the home improvement chain at 7:55 p.m. and stole sledgehammers, wrenches and hammers, threatened customers and then fled in 10 getaway cars.

The Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department told CBS that the Home Deport robbery was especially worrying because the tools stolen could likely be used to rob more stores in the area.

Sheriff's deputies added that an entire section of sledge hammers was cleared out at the Home Depot, hammers similar to those that gangs of thieves have used to smash glass displays to nab jewelery and other high-end products, like iPhones.

W2AEW's are concise, well executed and brief.
Agreed.
That guy knows a lot of stuff, and communicates it without adding a load of "fluff".

JimB

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back