Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Node Voltage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanHatch

Hello,

I'm supposed to perform node voltage analysis on this circuit, I don't happen to have an image of it now (maybe later) but I shouldn't need one anyway. The circuit has 4 nodes, and between 2 of the nodes there is a voltage source (nothing else). The vs isn't in series with a resistor so I can't source transform it, so I used another method we learned where I make the node nearest the positve side of the vs equal to vs, and the other node equal to zero. Did I do this right? and if so, Should I solve for the other 3 nodes? (all except the one I made vs) Or should I use the 0V as the reference node and solve for the other 3(even though I know 1 is already 4v???)?

Yeah this is pretty long I'll try to get an image up later.

ooo...the 'super node' problem. I cant really remember how you do it.

I used another method we learned where I make the node nearest the positve side of the vs equal to vs, and the other node equal to zero.
So you are changing your ground reference point? I dont remember learning anything about that.

Cant you just make an equation out of it. ( say the - side of the VS is connected to node B and the + is connected to node A)
Then you can just say that VB+VS=VA...(which is also says that VS=Va-VB which sounds right).
That then can be used as 1 of your 4 equations.

Hmm, Ill give it a whirl. I've attached a picture now:

Attachments

• circuit_194.gif
    circuit_194.gif
    67.5 KB · Views: 301
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back