Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with sawtooth vertical scan on homemade video camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pictures of my camera in operation. As seen from the CRO screen, I'm now getting a good sawtooth waveform (although the triggering is off) and the camera is now making good full screen pictures. As seen the vidicon tube has poor sensitivity in low lighting but it should make better pictures when testing in daylight. The camera still needs refinements to make pictures comparable to a professionally made one such as a Sony AVC-3250 https://www.labguysworld.com/Sony_AVC-3250.htm but that will come in due course. :)

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 103
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 102
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 103
  • sawtooth.jpg
    sawtooth.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 103
The vidicon tube would of been made sometime in the 1970s.

hi,
The pics look promising.:)
We used the Vidicon's in British Steel in the 1960's , never very good in low light and tended to flare with bright objects.

hi,
The pics look promising.:)
We used the Vidicon's in British Steel in the 1960's , never very good in low light and tended to flare with bright objects.

Thanks. I hope to get it looking as good as a Sony AVC-3250 in the near future. I am looking forward to testing it tomorrow outdoors, there I'll know the best the tube can offer in terms of pictures.

It seems vidicon tubes were THE tube of choice from the 50s to the 80s for industrial/security applications due to compact size and simple circuitry to drive it and it all being mounted in a small portable enclosure. I have a vidicon camera from the 60s era which would of probably been used for industrial purposes, it's a 1965 Shibaden HV-13 **broken link removed** , it worked briefly when I powered it up giving a dim out of focus image but then the image went dead.

Anyways got a bit of an unrelated question to ask, that LTSpice program you are using, I have downloaded myself the latest version from the given site and have tested it out and have ran into a problem. The problem is there is a limited listing of transistor types and the transistors used for the defection circuit are not in the component library and I haven't been able to find any extended component library files to download from the LTSpice site to update the component library to add more components. I would like to know how you added more components to your component library?

Is there any particular transistor type models you are looking for.?

This is my standard.bjt file.

Make a back up of your current standard.bjt and replace with the one attached to this post, change the *.txt extension back to *.bjt.

I have to call it a txt file to upload to post.

BTW: you can open and edit the standard.bjt [ and others] using a regular text editor program.... I would advise always make a back up before editing..

When you get models for new transistors, open the bjt and add the new model text.

Attachments

• standard.txt
    114.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back