Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with guitar pedal

Hi!
I’m completely new to this, but I found a diagram from the 80s for a fuzz pedal and I figured this was a perfect opportunity to finally learn electronics. I just had a couple questions, which I’m sure are obvious, but I really appreciate any help. Most importantly, the pedal calls for a DPDT footswitch but I can’t seem to find where on the diagram it belongs. I’m also wonder what I need to do to change this from requiring a 9v battery to a 9v dc jack instead. Thanks for your help!!

IMG_2244.jpeg

Welcome to ETO!
Your pic doesn't show the complete article. What's shown doesn't need a DPDT switch.
SW1 could be part of a standard 3.5mm switched jack socket as commonly used for plug-in earphones/headphones/ low-voltage supplies.

Center pole goes to next stage, each throw connects input or output to next stage. with a SPDT.

Ground is common but may be switched the same in case of a bad supply hum using a DPDT.

Center pole goes to next stage, each throw connects input or output to next stage. with a SPDT.

Ground is common but may be switched the same in case of a bad supply hum using a DPDT.

Normally a DPDT switch (or even TPDT) is used regardless.

Input to centre of one pole, output to centre of the other - join one side of the input switch to the input of the circuit, and the same side of the output switch to the output of the circuit. Connect the unused two contacts together.

This means the circuit is entirely disconnected (other than ground, which doesn't matter) when it's switched out.

It's basically similar to two way light switching :D

You do not learn much about looking at the schematic of an old FUZZ pedal. The FUZZ is distortion that is caused by errors in the circuit's design.

One pole of the switch selects the output. The FUZZ circuit or bypasses it.
The other pole of the switch probably turns the battery on or off.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back