Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help regarding powersupply / battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic5

i am doing a car model project. this contains three motors (toy motors) and an LED. the driver chip L293d controls the motor direction with 89s52 and this needs at least 12 v,5v constant power supply to the driver and micro controller respectively.

i initially used voltage regulator to check the circuit. it works successfully. but now i need to make it without ac supply.

my next option is to use rechargeable batteries. but i don't know weather it gives constant voltage or not. Please guide me to choose best and cheap batteries and which gives considerable stable power to the circuit...

thanks in advance!

The battery voltage will drop as it discharges.

The motors and drivers won't need a regulated supply and can be powered directly off a 12V battery. The microcontroller needs a 5V supply and can be powered off a voltage regulator IC such as the LM7805.

The battery voltage will drop as it discharges.

The motors and drivers won't need a regulated supply and can be powered directly off a 12V battery. The microcontroller needs a 5V supply and can be powered off a voltage regulator IC such as the LM7805.

i just make it to mobile module and thus i never use ac supply. my problem is to know which will give 12v dc supply. suggest any name for rechargeable battery .... please!

You need to provide more information.

Capacity?
Physical size and weight?
Chemistry?
Temperature range?

You could use a lead acid battery but they're big and heavy.
**broken link removed**

it has half kilogram weight and physical size in 15x10 cm , room temperature. simple alkaline battery of 9 volt give just satisfactory supply to the motor and 6v battery provides for microcontroller. but because of the some overweight , the car just moves half feet only. also it easily discharges to some of voltage and hence no movement of car... so i need to use rechargeable batteries to repeatedly change the batteries in the car...

You need to provide more information.

Capacity?
Physical size and weight?
Chemistry?
Temperature range?

You could use a lead acid battery but they're big and heavy.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back