Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mic circuit(Can't make it work).

Chris_p80

Can i make a circuit (like a megaphone)
I tried two designs but didn't work
The components I used were
The mic ,a 0.5 watt speaker ,a BC 547(bc547C V1 E) transistor, a 10k and 100k resistor, a 104 ceramic capacitor and a 3.7v battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_164603_Pinterest.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_164603_Pinterest.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 207
That is a strange configuration for a mic preamp. Please post a link to the original circuit.

An electret microphone cartridge requires a DC bias current through it. Because your circuit has one end of the mic connected directly to a capacitor and nothing else, there cannot be a DC path through the mic.

No matter how many transistor connections you try, the circuit will not work.

ak

Last edited:
That is a strange configuration for a mic preamp. Please post a link to the original circuit.

ak
Is the link
(I was trying to make a circuit with a mic and a speaker ,a megaphone but this was the only one I found that didn't require a circuit board but it didn't work)

Is the link
(I was trying to make a circuit with a mic and a speaker ,a megaphone but this was the only one I found that didn't require a circuit board but it didn't work)

If there's just a silly picture, and no actual circuit (as in this case), it's a pretty good indication that the author doesn't have the slightest clue what he's doing, and it's never going to work.

You can't feed a speaker from a single small transistor fed from a microphone.

If you want a proper working electret mike preamp, refer to the opamp version on these forums here:

You would then need a power amplifier to feed a speaker.

As an electret mike is omnidirectional, it's probably a poor choice for a megaphone anyway.

Chris:

Please give us more detail about what you want to achieve. If you want to build a megaphone from scratch, how loud does it need to be? Are you trying to be heard over 10 people at a pool party, or 200 people at a ball game?

Do you want to build the amplifier, or is buying an amplifier module off egay an option?

ak

The mic preamp circuit you found is completely wrong.
A preamp drives a power amplifier that drives a speaker.
Here is a simple mic preamp circuit wired correctly:

Attachments

• mic preamp.png
    mic preamp.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 190
Can i make a circuit (like a megaphone)
I tried two designs but didn't work
The components I used were
The mic ,a 0.5 watt speaker ,a BC 547(bc547C V1 E) transistor, a 10k and 100k resistor, a 104 ceramic capacitor and a 3.7v battery.
This is a prime example of web “how-to” circuits, which the author clearly did not ever built or tested.
Nor would he understand why it doesn’t work, either.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back