Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with boost converter circuit

billybob

I was messing around with a boost converter circuit and I'm trying to understand how I can milk more power from it without changing the input voltage.

I have a 3.7V lithium ion battery input and I would like the output to be a steady 9-12V able to draw at least 0.3 Amps.
Here is the schematic I used:
I ended up bridging the potentiometer completely, replaced R2 with 100ohm, Q1 is C9014, and I'm not sure how to accurately measure L1.

The output I'm getting is around 40-70V, but drops to 2.6V with a 100ohm load. The current drawn from the power supply says 0.27A.
What can I do?

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 7.07.23 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi
"Feedback" is a term used in switching regulators that describes the output signal being "fed back" to the input circuit so the circuit can adjust its output level(s). This forms a feedback loop. Your circuit has no feedback circuit. There are different types of switching regulators. Voltage mode regulators control the output by changing the duty cycle of the switching frequency using a "feedback" signal sent back to an error amplifier.
I was making a joke off of Nigel's persistence in telling me I need feedback lol.
Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it.

Maybe your 555 is a newer CMOS LMC555, TLC555 or ICM7555? The LMC555 guarantees working with a 1.5V supply, the other two with a 2.0V supply.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back