Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meet Macaroni 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

Meet Macaroni 1.3! macaroni is a very simple bot that I designed in about 10 min. It is a obstacle avoiding robot, meaning it will run all around a room, and when its whiskers hit a obstacle, it backs up and goes forward again. It has no ICs, Resistors, Capacitors, or anything. It is composed of 2 motors, 2 batteries, and 2 SPDT switches. It is very fun watching it run around a room and hit stuff. Very satasfactory, and quick to build!

and Of course, I have pictures!

74:Front view. You can see the red heat shrink tubing on the switches, because the F-ing hot glue was a pain in the *rear* to work, so I put it on there to hold it on. Put long whiskers on it so you can get out of corners easier. Works suprisingly well. also, put some heatshrink tubing on the end of the motor axles to add traction.

73: Side view of macaroni. You can see the big non working wheel in teh back. Doesnt move for crap. Those AA batteries have a Amp hour rating of 13.55. I think the meter is lying, but when i shorted the batteries with 22 GAUGE WIRE, THE INSULATION MELTED OFF IT!. Works fine though.

77: Rearish sideways view of macaroni. Motors keep popping off because of crappy hot glue:mad:

80: Me holding macaroni in the wee hours in the morningish. I was half asleep (or is it awake). Very happy though :) :D

If you want to make yourself a macaroni, just ask and I will half @$$ a schemmy or somthing.
EDIT: bam the simple schemmy is done, now go build one.
I also burned my finger with the hot glue, and I peeled off the glue, and it took off a ton of skin. See what I have to do to entertain you fools (joking)?
:)

Attachments

• 100_1374.jpg
    100_1374.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 100_1373.jpg
    100_1373.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_1377.jpg
    100_1377.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited by a moderator:
heres the SCHEMMY

KEBLEH!

(have fun, and look at my pictures for help/how to assemble it)

DO IT NOW! VERY FUN! I COMMAND YOU TO!

Connected lines are marked with a big dot. This but much bigger ----------> . <----------

When you build a robot without any circuit boards or proper mountings and then cover everything in hot glue (optional), this is called freeforming. This can make a robot look somewhat messy, but is fun and easy. I suggest you try it when you build yourself one!

NOTE: Whisker design is everything. Too straight of whiskers and your bot will get stuck on straight walls. same with too wide. Too short and it will get stuck in corners. too long and it can trap itself. Experiment a little until you find a design you like!

Attachments

• Macaroni schemmy.gif
    Macaroni schemmy.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
Please have some feedback on my bot, I wana know how people are coming along with it
:)

Ok, I wanna see a pic of the grooves it made in your desktop. :D

Grooves from what? I put heat shrink on the motor axles to prevent such a thing. BUILD IT! BUILD IT NOW!

On the clear pic it seems that the robot picks up dust pretty well.

It does very well, move aside roomba, here comes macaroni!

Ive seen this exact same thing here:
**broken link removed**

Was that original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back