Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making and Breaking HDCP Handshakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

HDCP compliant devices. I wanted to know if someone has developed a way around this inexpensively. Like some kind of logic loop to mislead it's function.

This guy understands more about it. Is this possible.

Making and Breaking HDCP Handshakes

kv

Hdfury2 / dvimagic

DVIMAGIC

HDFURY

I found these 2 on the NET.

Has anyone known of problems with these devices ? It's a lot of money to spend without a review from users.

kv

Last edited:
I'm loosing hand shakes when switching sources in my podiums. I want the hd-switchers to work but, the HDCP keeps f...ing with it. So after switching to blu-ray and back to comp the GD thing bricks the computer. WTF.

You could rip the blu-ray disks to your PC, this will also remove the HDCP and avoid the switching.

I'm looking for a out of the box solution allowing any media done impromptu. I never know what they will use or who will be doing it. I have 4 rooms now and about ten professors.

Last edited:
Then your best bet is probably the HDFury. It would have a fair amount of electronics inside as it would have to present itself as an HDCP device.
Another option would be using DVI and or component cables.

Why not put a blu-ray drive in the PC?

Last edited:
Then your best bet is probably the HDFury. It would have a fair amount of electronics inside as it would have to present itself as an HDCP device.
Another option would be using DVI and or component cables.

It would be a solution. We are currently using Mac Mini's and Dual booting from BootCamp. I'm wondering if they have a Codec that can display HD Media, I haven't done any research to see if it would degrade the HD. Currently the choice was to move to HD-SDI with a 24x24 metrix, I liked the option because it's been used as an industry standard for sometime. I can then build my room to what ever size without needing to bump the signal strength. Right now I can fit 65 students. In the beginning I wanted my room to have a HDMI to Fiber 24x24 metrix switcher in it. Then once it's in the conversion the signal would be switched out as DVI and sent over my "Video Teleconference Unit" while the room kept the signal HDMI internally.

I just don't think that the HDCP is really doing anybody any good, if they can't get all the devices to shake properly. Not everyone is compliant but, I can't do anything about the fact that we broadcast. At least offer something that has been formatted for Instructional Institutions for fare use and stop trying to patrol and secure every single bit created.

On campus we have 80+ Smart Rooms that have been created they have a PC without a drive and they have locked them up in the Podium.

They expose the Blu Ray just enough to be used. All the control features are built into the Crestron Controller and CPU which offers it's own ******** to boot.

Last edited:
HDCP / Worries

**broken link removed**

I just found this........very interesting.

It brings back memory's of the 3 head VCR's breaking their last one.

Last edited:
I saw that article, someone actually posted the entire key set on the net. Since those PCs are locked down there isn't much you can do about it.

At home I have AppleTVs and AirPlay running. Awesome stuff especially with an iPad as a controller / host. Movies compressed with H.264 are just the right size for streaming over WiFi, about 700MB per hour of video and that include a DD5.1 soundtrack.

I can't wait for 3D Holograms. I know it could possibly be in my lifetime.

It would increase Instructional Media potential to the optimum desired effect. To get the images right in front of them. As if they are sitting in the front row.

Right now, I have 4-55" Industrial Grade NEC LCD Screens hanging in the middle of the room back to back. 2 facing the professor and 2 facing the middle and rear of the room.

While I have 2-70" Industrial Grade NEC in the front of the room about 7' off the ground.

Last edited:
Are they going to let you mod their TVs?

I wanna mod the Blu=) Rays. Hehehe.

Maybe then it could play the blues without needing interpersonal interpolation

I don't need someone else to do the shaking for me at the Urinal. I'd sooner rather Piss them off than for them to insist.

I still believe it has no place where I work. I couldn't give a **** about coping and I don't mind folks keeping their jobs making this stuff, just release a format for us to use.

Otherwise, I can wait till someone comes up with a good hack and post's their exploits. I'm just, talented enough to pull this one off.

If I can, then most likely anyone could.

Last edited:
Now that's what I'm talking about. Maybe you can put the HDCP into a coma. When ever it updates then reload the file.

Well I've done enough reading.

I feel with the industry in control of the Media trying to Manipulate firmware or software is not going to be the fix. In addition HDfury looks at the moment to be the easiest quick solution.

The price isn't worth it, right now the device going back to my HD/SDI switcher from the BluRay is a RGB to HD/SDI converter which seems to work for my codec as I'm only pushing 720p out to all my sites. It's just when the podium switches the media to and from HDCP screws up with it's own compliant devices?

Maybe, we can get past this in a couple of yrs people will get tired of all this and insist in finding a better solution? Maybe, the answer is potentially compliant devices are updated with the latest firmware compliance on the fly with the Player. Meaning inter - connectivity between components. That way everybody is on the same page all in one update. Meanwhile they fix possible hacks to the firmware, while exposing the hack and applying a patch.

Last edited:
Still not done reading.

I found this chip on the NET.

Attachments

• TDA9983A_SDS.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back