Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making A Delay Circuit

JaforSadik

Hello, So I have a motion sensor attached to an alarm, the problem is that whenever the electricity goes out and my generator kicks in or the power comes back on the alarm rings for 2.30 seconds, it's not a long time but it is irritating my neighbors and me. so can anyone help me make some delay circuit that would not send power for the first 2\3 seconds then if there is still power incoming meaning the sensor was tripped it would fire up the alarm. it runs on 220v.

Hello, So I have a motion sensor attached to an alarm, the problem is that whenever the electricity goes out and my generator kicks in or the power comes back on the alarm rings for 2.30 seconds, it's not a long time but it is irritating my neighbors and me. so can anyone help me make some delay circuit that would not send power for the first 2\3 seconds then if there is still power incoming meaning the sensor was tripped it would fire up the alarm. it runs on 220v.
That is why real alarm systems have battery backup and if you are powering your motion sensor remotely you just need to install a battery to keep its voltage constant.

Describe what you have for an alarm and the motion sensor and how you have it wired. Because that is really needed to find out what you need to do.

That is why real alarm systems have battery backup and if you are powering your motion sensor remotely you just need to install a battery to keep its voltage constant.

Describe what you have for an alarm and the motion sensor and how you have it wired. Because that is really needed to find out what you need to do.
This post below is the alarm wiring and the pictures of the type of motion sensor i used. I'm from Bangladesh and it's hard to find some stuff.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back