Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Tech -Batteries to replace HP D2460 printer power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne zar

Have two 18v batts. Need 32v @ 375ma & 16v @ 500ma to replace HP D2460. Amp ratings are from smoked transformer. Please & thank you for simple solution. Do not know actual load. Can't contact HP tech info untill after holiday, if they will tell me. My brain = (1) regulators = need drawing w/ parts (2) series batts & tap in center, try to figer resister value for each voltage (hit & hope). (3) Just use 36 & 18v and hope printer can handel it. Thanks again for your time.
P.S. I'm old & poor.

Do you know if we are talking about AC or DC here? IF AC, are the secondaries center-tapped? How about a pic of the supply? You may not be able to post a pic for a few days since you just joined or it may take a while for it to show up. Use Go advanced/manage attachments.

I can sort of see the printer requiring +24VDC and 5 VDC from AC transformers in that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back