Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LOGiiX, Piston Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelec

I Bought one of these devices, Mostly because it was on Sale for $9.95 and I thought it might be useful. (Presumably $29.95 Regular Price.)

It Says it is a 2200 mA Li-ion battery and rated at 5 Volts and 1.5 Amps Output.
It gets Charged up from a USB on a Computer.

It is Fully Charged according to the LED Voltage Indicator on it.
But it only Measures 3.7 Volts on my DMM.

Is this Normal?

I am Going to Return it, as in my Opinion it is "Not as Advertised".

Last edited:
Hi chemelec,
I have a similar device made by " Maxtec" It contains a single lithium ion cell (Type 18650) and a single PCB which must contain the charging circuit and a step up converter. I thought that the 3.7 volts you measured may be just the cell voltage and as soon a some current was drawn from the output the step up converter would start. When I tested my unit it gave 5.0 volts with just the meter connected. I even tried removing the USB plug in case inserting that operated a switch to start the converter but its still gave 5.0 volts with jus the meter leads poked into the USB socket.

Here are pictures of the PCB from both sides.

1512282046254537195 (Medium).jpg
1512282049314722602 (Medium).jpg

The micro USB socket is for charging the unit and the standard USB is the output.

Les.

Last edited:
Hi Les, THANKS.
I Checked this one with a Load and Yes it does go up to 5.12 Volts.
So Obviously it does have a Switching Power supply in it.
That was not what I was expecting.

I have a bunch of Similar switching supplies that I bought from China for $1.79 each and Free Shipping.
(but with an Adjustable Output from 3 to 32 volts, with a minimum of 3 volts input.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back