Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Italian Bomb makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made some DAMN good thin crust pizzas. Yes, you CAN see light through the best ones, but you shouldn't charge $18 for them either.

Italian bomb (pizza) makers

see the difference? In Italy they are poor people's "heavy meal" and elsewhere they're luxory items - and of course luxory isn't cheap.

OutToLunch said:
i don't think i ever thought of a pizza as a luxury item
Nothing like those expensive champagnes and cognacs. YUMM!
Even a nice tender steak isn't a luxury. YUMM again!
I think a stinking expensive lobster is a luxury item. YUCK!

Thin pizza isn't much different than spaghetti sauce on sandwich sliced bread! I remember visiting a shop long ago that sold a large rectangular pizza that had dough no less than 2" thick, often thicker. It sold for $8.00 and would last me 3 days!!! I could only eat about 3 slices each time ... it was that filling.

Recently I ordered a pizza from a chain pizza shop. The mgr. took my order and began making the pizza, using his bare hands... as he ran them through his long hair puulling it back into a pony tail, wiped the sweat from his brow (warm kitchen area). I told him to cancel the order due to improper hygiene on his part. He made no comment and gave me a bewildered look. Luckily I hadn't paid for it yet.

Last edited:
Methinks you have never had a great thin crust pizza. Sure you have to eat more to fill up, but that makes it even better.

On my honeymoon on Ischia, Italy in 1996 I had my first true Italian thin-crust pizza. It was unbelievable. You can eat a 12" pizza easily and long for more. Except for one time when I ordered a Vesuviana, which it turned out was a thin crust, some tomato sauce, melted cheese, and topped with raw egg. It was inedible. :)

Torben

Real pizza from the heart of Italy doesn't have tomato sauce on it.

BRUSCHETTA WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL
This is the classic bruschetta, although you can substitute other herbs. Decrease the quantity of stronger herbs, such as thyme or oregano.

• 4 medium ripe tomatoes (about 1 2/3 pounds), cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
• 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
• Salt and ground black pepper
• 1 12 x 5-inch loaf country bread, sliced crosswise into 1-inch-thick pieces, ends removed
• 1 large garlic clove, peeled
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1. Heat broiler or light grill fire.

2. Mix tomatoes, basil, and salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl. Set aside.

3. Broil or grill bread until golden brown on both sides. Place toast slices on large platter, rub garlic over tops, then brush with oil.

4. Use slotted spoon to divide tomato mixture among toast slices. Serve immediately.

TheVictim said:
Methinks you have never had a great thin crust pizza. Sure you have to eat more to fill up, but that makes it even better.
I was born Italian, lived there when very young and then moved to America. My relatives are both Italian-Americans and American-Italians. We know Italian food! Pizza, to me is very tasty with or without tomato sauce. However, thin crust IMHO, doesn't balance the flavors as it's supposed to. Just like it does with garlic bread and Pepperoni Paulines (balls)... capish?:)

Nice recipe, I will definitely try it. Good to see you left the oregano out. I suspect the amount of tomatoes in Italian recipes varies inversely with the distance North from Sicily.

For those interested in tomatos, this history is one of the better documented ones I have seen: https://www.landscapeimagery.com/tomato.html

It is a great American vegetable. Even the US Supreme court agrees it is a vegetable, for tax purposes that is :D .

John

I forgot to mention that:
**broken link removed**

Humans are going to destroy the earth anyways, look at the path we're on, if anything killing people would help our planet sustain itself longer since we're extremely overpopulated. Less people are easier to manage and govern, problem is there are WAAAAy too many damned people on this planet, it's crowded, and our pollution and wastefulness is catching up to us extremely fast. Not to mention but most of us on here, including myself is contributing to the ever increasing broadcast of cancer rays, ohh sorry i meant RF signals, so wrong of me to confuse the two! Nothing like being penetrated by thousands of high power electromagnetic waves at every freaking frequency possible.(radio/tv/cell/satt) Frequencies that were never around, or atleast smaller in quantity/power before humans started wireless transmissions.

Only a few countries are over-populated. 3rd world countries that are full of poverty. The billions of people in those countries are not educated.

crusty said:
Humans are going to destroy the earth anyways, look at the path we're on, if anything killing people would help our planet sustain itself longer since we're extremely overpopulated. Less people are easier to manage and govern, problem is there are WAAAAy too many damned people on this planet, it's crowded, and our pollution and wastefulness is catching up to us extremely fast. Not to mention but most of us on here, including myself is contributing to the ever increasing broadcast of cancer rays, ohh sorry i meant RF signals, so wrong of me to confuse the two! Nothing like being penetrated by thousands of high power electromagnetic waves at every freaking frequency possible.(radio/tv/cell/satt) Frequencies that were never around, or atleast smaller in quantity/power before humans started wireless transmissions.
since you are a proponent of genocide in order to "preserve the earth", perhaps you would volunteer to go first?

OutToLunch said:
since you are a proponent of genocide in order to "preserve the earth", perhaps you would volunteer to go first?
ROFL, just about anything I say about being overpopulated, this is usually the FIRST response I get. I don't have KIDS, i'm not having KIDS, i'm going to die without having any KIDS, maybe YOU should do the same! Who's to say there is enough humans? scientists? HUMANS?? sure like humans are going to say we have too many humans. Most scientific research is funded usually by government organizations, to them more people is more $$$. Does anyone realize how much land is needed to support just a few wildlife critters? Not to mention the criss cross of maze like roads, guns, pollution, and other human harm done to them. We are here because the earth supports us, not because we support the earth. More people, more resources are need, more pollution is created, more industrialization. Humans KEEP building, tearing down natural forests, strip mining acres on mountains, dumping toxic chemicals into air/water/soil. When deer or bear, or hell ANY animal is overpopulated IN OUR HUMAN OPINION, we go out and start having killing sprees, either with hunting or chemicals(if it's insects). When HUMANs are overpopulated, whose to go out and shoot and control the population? Not to mention just about every freakin American thinks they're God, and could give a damn about anyone starving in a third world country, or care if we drop a couple of nukes or bombs on some other country, as long as it's not ours. Tell you the truth, sometimes I really can't wait till i'm dead!

OutToLunch said:
besides it's NOT genocide when you decide to keep your phallus in your pants.

Scientists predict that the human population will top off at around 20 Billion, with the same net gain as net loss. Who knows what will happen in 20 years? We may discover a way to live on mars, which is becoming a outlook to the Human race.

Crusty where do you live? your location?

crusty said:
besides it's NOT genocide when you decide to keep your phallus in your pants.
your solution was to kill off people...
crusty said:
if anything killing people would help our planet sustain itself longer
so, which is - kill the population, neuter the population or both?

Krumlink said:
Scientists predict that the human population will top off at around 20 Billion, with the same net gain as net loss. Who knows what will happen in 20 years? We may discover a way to live on mars, which is becoming a outlook to the Human race.

Crusty where do you live? your location?
ROFL @ MARS, yeah if WE don't' support the planet we're giving in the first place, what makes you think that the idiocy that is the human race is going to survive in a place that jumps from like -100 to 1000 degrees nightly in some places!! much less a planet without breathable air, water, or soil conditions allowable to grow anything we EAT, to stay alive. This Earth was built for a purpose to sustain all life, yet we try so desperately to destroy all opposing forces whether it be ourselves(humans) or other animals that interfere with our "normal" human lifes, or "endanger" us. I live in America, not the most populated country in the world, but becoming damn close, definitely one of the most wasteful and full of idiots. To "outtolunch" if everyone continues to breed on the consistency they are already, then YES we DO need to kill humans to make enough room to SUSTAIN human populace, and other wildlife/nature, that's help sustain US and our continuation of rape we do to this planet. If we don't BREED like my suggestion, no one will be born in the first place to actually have to die or suffer to keep this planet in good enough shape to continue living for the next hell knows how many years. It doesn't really matter to me, i'm going to be dead in next couple of years, you folks who have kids however will have to make these decision for the future of our generations. I'm over with debating and whining about this subject, besides i've done drifted from the original subject to actually continue on "feeding" this controversy which most people have a different views and opinions on. The human race will eventually smother itself out of from life on this planet sooner or later, if 2012/2011 doesn't send comets of red hot magma down on our heads. If you read this in entirety, then you have way too much time on your hands reading apocalyptic material from anonymous buttholes on the Internet, i would suggest getting back to this thing called "real life" and enjoy it while you're still alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back