Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boston Marathon bombing--please check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MODNOTE]Deleted Offence Language[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Post removed

Last edited:
i'm originally from Boston. i used to have friends that lived near Copley Square (about 30 years ago)...

one thing i think i might do is be more careful about answering questions on this forum like "how to remote control a relay from a cell phone" and other similar stuff. it's great if somebody wants to use a phone as part of a garage door opener, but i'd rather get more info from the poster about what it's for. if they are vague or evasive, i won't answer. unfortunately a lot of newbs are vague in their questions, and people that think that they have a patentable idea are evasive....

The Boston bomber said he killed and maimed many innocent people because of the US war against his "religion" in Iraq and Afghanistan.
[/b]

We would have to say that religion is at the core of many attacks, bombings etc. Religion comes in many forms, not just muslim. There is always crazy people who justify the attack in the name of religion, and all they really want to do is murder, now all you need is a leader who can use them as a spear to further their cause, in what ever that might be.

@Audioguru: Not all terrorism is by radicalised-muslims.

Take the bombings which happened across the UK and Ireland a few years ago. Even Downing Street was mortared.

But it seems that all terrorists are Muslims. Like on Sept 11, 2001 the 17 terrorists were ALL Muslims. Same with Britain and Spain terrorist activities.

You are very wrong there A.G!

The guy that blew up the govt building in Oklahoma was not. Nor the crazy guy recently in Norway that killed all those people. Or the recent school killing incidents.

The US has been having altercations with Muslim countries for a couple decades, or more, so it's logical if there is some backlash from a fringe element attacking the US they are likely to be from those countries, or sympathetic to those countries (so that group of terrorists are more likely to be Muslims).

If you eliminate that factor, then generally "terrorists" are just as likely to be any race or religion, it just depends which nutbar crawls out from under a rock that month.

You have to consider that the vast majority of Muslims must be good, non-violent, church going people. They just go to a different church than the one you are familiar with.

You have to consider that the vast majority of Muslims must be good, non-violent, church going people. They just go to a different church than the one you are familiar with.
Yes they are and they do. But they look obviously different than us and go to their Mosque to pray 5 times each day!
I don't know anybody who prays as often as 5 times a month.

I am not the only one who is afraid that the guy with the odd costume and huge black beard or his wife who is completely covered in black clothing from the top of her head to her feet including most of her face might have a bomb and will blow themselves up when I am nearby.

Yes they are and they do. But they look obviously different than us and go to their Mosque to pray 5 times each day!
I don't know anybody who prays as often as 5 times a month.

I am not the only one who is afraid that the guy with the odd costume and huge black beard or his wife who is completely covered in black clothing from the top of her head to her feet including most of her face might have a bomb and will blow themselves up when I am nearby.

AG, you are not the center of the universe. You are no more "normal" than they are. You seem to forget there are thousands of cultures out there, yours is not the only one. So think twice before judging others. You have no right to do that.

This thread is getting dangerously close to being locked..... WWW means World Wide Web... All cultures view these pages...

What is the difference between a religious Muslim woman clothed from head to toe in black clothing covering all but her face and a religious catholic nun who clothes herself head to toe in the same attire...

Why do some people assume the worst..... Going back to superspits comments... The IRA caused hell on earth over here... I was in Manchester on the day the Arndale centre was bombed... I was nearly knocked off my feet and I was over 2 miles away... I don't look at every Irishman and think "Bomber"..

AG, you are not the center of the universe. You are no more "normal" than they are. You seem to forget there are thousands of cultures out there, yours is not the only one. So think twice before judging others. You have no right to do that.
But they act and look weird HERE! They do not blend with us.
Maybe if my wife and I were there then we would also act and look weird to them (and be jailed for it).
90 percent of Canadians are Christians and a few percent are Muslims.

When I went to school I never saw a black, Chinese, Indian or Arab. Now is different because they keep coming here.
Sure we have black ghettos and Vietnamese gangs. Now the Muslim extremists are planning to blow up trains here.

This thread is getting dangerously close to being locked..... WWW means World Wide Web... All cultures view these pages...

What is the difference between a religious Muslim woman clothed from head to toe in black clothing covering all but her face and a religious catholic nun who clothes herself head to toe in the same attire....
I have never seen a Catholic Nun shopping or driving a school bus like odd dressed Muslim women do. Many Muslim women completely cover their face (maybe to hide their beard) but nuns do not.

The Canadian court recently ordered that Muslim women giving testimony must remove their head covering so that they can see her facial expressions like everyone else! The same at border crossings.

WWW is Weird Wild Web, isn't it?

But they act and look weird HERE! They do not blend with us.
Maybe if my wife and I were there then we would also act and look weird to them (and be jailed for it).
90 percent of Canadians are Christians and a few percent are Muslims.

When I went to school I never saw a black, Chinese, Indian or Arab. Now is different because they keep coming here.
Sure we have black ghettos and Vietnamese gangs. Now the Muslim extremists are planning to blow up trains here.

What makes you think they NEED to blend in with us? Conformity is boring. If everyone blended in, the world would be lame and there would be no excitement in meeting new people. Thing is each person is different, and should be free to express themselves without bigots like you trying to degrade them. Diversity makes this world what it is. If you don't like it, tough. You still have no right to complain.

Ian, I think you're right. This thread has run its course, and I think will only be dragged down from here. As the thread starter, may I request that it be closed? Thanks for your consideration.

Matt

It would be normal to be fearful of other cultures and there odd appearance, especially if the news media always reports something bad about them.

It tends to drill it in our minds. (Sensationalistic editorials and News Media) it's all about money or power.

The mind is pre-programmed to remember the negative over the positive in most any situation, we also attach the (Fight or Flight) that is programmed into our DNA.

Those 2 things will deeply implant to our psyche.

If we constantly hear news media broadcast from around the world that is always the same, it will reinforces the above.

Which only leads to more money for the media and in turn changes our Ideals and Paradigm. (Paradigm - the view of the world around us, shaped by our experiences)

It doesn't mean some threats are not real, but we cannot judge other people or societies based on the same view that the extremist do, they lump everyone together in one group. (The Media doesn't care)

Targeting Threats not specific Groups or Societies, is one of the hardest things to do. Thats why we do it to them and they do it to us. (Because they get brainwashed too! iEspecially in a closed society.)

Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back