Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR trasmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamalraj

i had a doubt,what is the output of an ir transmitter and receiver pair and that of ir transmitter and photo diode.i mean wheather it is a positive one or negative i.e when lightr is transmitted high voltage is generated or low voltage at receiver?

Welcome, kamalraj!

Interestingly, there can be a voltage generated by the photo transistor, but ordinarily the IR xmitter/rcvr pair act as a switch (or to a degree, the rcvr can act as a variable resistor with a variable signal from the IR xmitter).

As such, there's no "high" or "Low" voltage generation, rather it is a voltage across the rcvr component (whether a diode or a transistor) that is being controlled.

The diode (or transistor) will, of course, have a polarity that will dictate the polarity of your connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back