Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

Hi
i was instaling a door bell at home and a very long length of cable was needed and that made me think of an alternative like IR reciver instead of long cables. Pls can anyone help me out?

IR might be difficult to implement if the source can't been seen by the receiver. I'd look at some kind of wireless button. They were available at low cost several years ago. My son used one in his apartment because the landlord couldn't get around to fixing the bell.

there ar simple bels that use radio cmunicaton

you simply stick the button on the door frame and plug in the reciver

dont frorget changing baterys

Hello
I got your message. i don't think i can get any of those to buy around me and i actually want to build it not buy it. So please, help me out with some more details i'm not a pro. here
thanks

umm... to use IR you wod have to lay fiber optics (an cable that guides light) but that wont be useful since you want no cables

If you dont know yet IR is an special tipe of light that an human eye cant see so it dosent trvel thru walls

So i your case you wod need to use radio transmison

you need an small radio transmiter that starts transmiting an radio signal at an desierd freqency wen the button is pushed.in the house is the more complicated part,the reciver that picks up the transmiters radio signal and starts making an noise(an beeper or somting)

So if you dont have any expirience in radio transmiting and reciving you shod not make this.

I cant help you whith the acual circuit sisnce i dont have much esperiance in Radio stuff (the only thing i did was an AM radio transmiter that transmits audio.it had an rage of abot 30m but the sound was wery noisy)

Hi
thanks for your help
Well what i really wanted was any form of wireless system that will trigger the door bell, doesn't have to be IR
Since they say there are a lot of them available, is it possible for me to get a shematic on it?
Honestly i've never seen any around me and here i'm sure it will cost more cos' we don't have electronic factories they are all imported
I really just want to try my hands on it so can anyone help me with a kind a schematic to know how it works?
I'll be greatful
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back