Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm carrying out smart energy management systems project. I'm looking for someone in Nigeria who can help me out.

Princeuk

It's going to measure the power consumption of individual appliances (3) and display it on an LCD, an Android app or web would be set up where this power consumption can be monitored remotely and a threshold power for each of the appliances would be set by the user such that if an appliance reaches its threshold it's going to turn off automatically.

Why would there be people in NIgeria with the skills to help you out. Make sure you don't give out your personal details; scammers have been know to "harvest" such information for nefarious purposes.

Why would there be people in NIgeria with the skills to help you out. Make sure you don't give out your personal details; scammers have been know to "harvest" such information for nefarious purposes.
Presumably he's based in Nigeria? - and his project sounds the type of thing that might be useful in Nigeria as well.

I suppose, but the screen name of the TS suggests a different location. Still appliances turning off may or may not be a good idea. Still it might be better than having the power grid be operational for parts of a day as an alternate energy management solution.

So for the three appliances in use, one person or Android application made in Nigeria monitors their consumptions remotely while another person operates them without knowing their power threshold.
That is smart energy management. Shutting off automatically from a remote Android phone instead of by the appliance itself.

What might be the target cost for such a device. That is a useful metric for deciding if is worth the time to develop. Unless you prefer just lighting your available cash on fire.

What might be the target cost for such a device. That is a useful metric for deciding if is worth the time to develop. Unless you prefer just lighting your available cash on fire.
To be fair it's a relatively straightforward project, really just a 'tweaking' (and perhaps amalgamating) of already existing devices. Basically it's just a modem, a micro-controller, and a sensor or two - it really depends if you're doing it via WiFi or GPRS/LTE - if WiFi then an ESP32 will pretty well do almost all you need.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back