Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identification of LR44/SR44 PCB Battery Holder

dpbarry

Hi Folks.

Had to do a critical running fix on a compass light for our inshore lifeboat with the smallest screw we could find in about 5 minutes. As you can see, it has split the casing so I’m looking at designing a Replacement boards as salt water plays havoc with them.

The problem I’m having is obtaining the battery holder here in the UK. Anyone know where to obtain something like this.

Many Thanks

Declan

IMG_2334_Original.jpeg
IMG_2334 Copy_Original.jpeg

Thanks for quick response

Yes. It’s getting something similar as it requires 2 x SR44 batteries as it’s quite a tight enough space for the PCB to slide into. PCB is 70mm x 17mm and slides on a rail inside the compass. It just provides a red background light for nighttime usage

There are edgeways push-in cell holders for LR44s on amazon? Would two of those fit in line along the PCB? They would eliminate the screw needed to change cells as well.

Digikey sell a "drawer" style holder:

That could be better, as with the drawer pulling out to the side, it could not open when the PCB was installed. That does need a battery contact on the PCB, rather than both being part of the holder assembly though.

Cheers folks.

I’ve ordered up a couple of different versions (one from Amazon as above and one from RS Components) to have a look at what may work better than the one that is on the board as the bit that failed was a plastic stub that held the metal plate on that doubled up to create a series circuit with the two batteries. The ones I’m looking at now won’t confuse crew as to what way to put batteries in.

SR44 Battery Holder

Many thanks

Declan

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back