Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC-PROG and PIC16F877A - "Verify failed at data address 0000h!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AN589 programmer is suitable.... even using IC-Prog

Hello, I've started analysing both programmer I have. (One I bought - which works perfectly - and the other I've been trying to make it work!)

I used an oscilloscope in order to print the wave forms PIC received/trasmitted.
In the attached file, the first figure of each page is from AN589 and the 2nd is PICSTART PLUS (the programmer I bought).
I could notice there are many differences between them, mainly considering the data flow.

Also, I could realize the cable lenght (40 cm = 0.4 m) does not affect the process, cause both wave forms are the same (green probe = pc parallel output - pink probe = PIC data pin)

Kinda weird ic-prog, huh?... I wonder if there's another way to solve this problem...
What do you think about it?

Thanks once again!

Attachments

• Waveforms-AN589_a&#11.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back