Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HF final stage matching to antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaibhav Birit

Has anyone of you seen a final stage to antenna matching configuration as shown below. If yes, can you explain the logic behind it. i.e. how it works..

Attachments

• final_stage.gif
    final_stage.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 346
You will find a lot of good info on this subject in amateur radio publications - ARRL Handbook and some others focused on RF design. Sorry I don't have anything I can cut/paste from - all of my references are plain old books.

Vaibhav Birit said:
ok, i got the first point, but how about the second point i.e. impedance matching. How are the calculations done for this particular configuration. Also how do we find the output impedance of the final Transistor.

The data sheets for most r.f. power transistors will show the transistor's output impedance across the range of frequencies for which they are designed. They will be plotted on a special graph called a Smith chart. (Search for tutorials in Google.)

A good book which deals with matching is RF Circuit Design -- by Christopher Bowick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back