1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

help on a drag race project

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by koffijunior, Apr 13, 2017.

1. koffijunior

koffijunior New Member

hello am working on a drag race project using LED, servo motor, IR detector. am trying to build IR detector and am stuck with the program in Pbasic. it is not working as expected. please i need your help. thanks

2. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I need more information!

3. koffijunior

koffijunior New Member

i need to build a kind of LED tree to work as shown in the picture attached. to make it more interesting, i want to add an IR detector at the beginning and the end of the race. the one at the beginning will prevent a car to cheat, if a car starts before the green light, the red light at his side goes on. the one at the end will show which car cross the line first, then a servo motor will turn a flag to his side. all is controlled with an educational microcontroller board with a program in pbasic. am stuck with the circuit and the program of the ir detector for now. thanks

Attached Files:

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. shokjok

shokjok Member

I recall a vintage circuit in 99 I.C. Projects 1980 magazine called "Slot Car Race Referee" that didn't use a controller. It follows the process that you described. Find it online at www.scribd.com .

6. Colin

Colin Member

I have all this in my crossing sound and boom gates project. It uses IR and servos