Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help locating a post about replacing a lighting controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
In the past six weeks or so there was a post about suggestions to replace a lighting controller and someone responded that used to work for a company that did just that. One of the suggestions was to create a PWM DAC for each channel.

The OP just wanted a simple controller to control a lighting panel and that he threw away the old one because the rep was supposed to take care of the obsolete panel.

I can't seem to be able to find it by searching.

I just got an annoucement about a 48 channel cascadeable PWM DAC from LT that would probably be perfect for the guys application. It is here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/11/8500f.pdf

Now the hard part, would be to say interface a say bunch of rotary encoders to the individual or multiple channels. I'd almost consider creating a capacitance touce sensor for the encoder and only deal with that particular channel. I'd make sure the encoders used a direction/pulse tag and go from there.

I tried. If anyone can find the thread, I'm sure the OP would be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back