Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Riddle about an Electronic Door Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post above appears to have disappeared but your reply (#38) quoting it remains.
When I tried to look at the site around 7am (UK) today , it had an "Under maintenance" style message.
That maintenance seems to have broken things; missing posts, duplicate post number etc etc..

That's waaay better than the majority of commercial smart locks! And many mechanical locks, come to that!
Have a look at these, they are quite amusing in how bad the are:
I just added the electronic lock, since the door had already a mechanical one. I used to disactivate or activate the latter one as necessary.

I recall now when I went, in summertime for about 10 days, to a city by the sea (Mediterranean). When we returned home back, my neighbor told us that we forgot to close the house door. So, when he realized that we were on vacation (after he entered our house) he closed its door for us :)
In the golden years, before year 2011, my city, if not Syria, was one of the safest places in the world, day and night, on any road or highways, even for kids and women. But this became now a forgotten thing of the past, mainly for the local new generation.
The irony is that the French ambassador expressed his personal sadness when he had to leave Syria and return home in year 2010 after many years of service (he had to be replaced by another one). Then, next year (2011), the French ruling system was among the ones (their number was hard to count at UN) which started describing Syria as where people live in hell and the world had to save them as soon as possible (as it has been done for the Iraqi people since year 2003). Anyway, we like it or not, this is how the world is created (or made, to please our atheist friends) since always. Nothing, natural or man-made, good or bad, can last forever. One just needs revising the history of each region around the world.

Last edited:
The order of posts is seriously messed up. Replies with quotes before the post that's quoted.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back