Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPIB to/from PIC, need some comments and help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveYard_Killer

im currently doing a GPIB firmware for my PIC. I want my PIC to act as the master and I want to control and get reading from my oscilloscope that has GPIB port.

I use a PIC18LF2550 using 11MHz crystal and runs @ 3.3V.

here is my connection to the my device

**broken link removed**

I created a routine that sends ascii characters ended by '0x0A' carriage return but it doesnt seem to work.

so I checked with the scope, the NDAC lines and NFRD lines of the oscilloscope is always high.

i experimented this: even when i change the logic of DAV line (alternating 1 and 0) every one second, the NDAC and NFRD doesnt change. im sure I properly initialized PORTA and PORTB.

Code:
// CMCON was configured
// ADCON1 was configured
TRISA=0x06; 
/* =============
bit 0 - DAV - output
bit 1 - NDAC - input
bit 2 - NFRD - input
============= */

I temporarily used ordinary latch switches for the 5 Bus management lines so that I could play with it and dont require much software change. and I used so many combinations of the Bus management settings but I can't get it to work.

The GPIB protocol seems to be simple, but I dont know why I can't get it to work. Maybe im missing something out...

I hope somebody can help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back