Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting started and so overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
roads said:
Thanks for the replys and giving me some direction as to a good starting point. I think it would be easier for me to buy a kit, like the one kjennejohn pointed out, **broken link removed**. I don't think I would know what I'm doing If I were to go out and just buy some resistors. I really need to start with the basics and work my way up. My end result will probably be with robotics. The only thing I don't like about those kits is that they seem to be geared towards kids and not adults. Is this true? Would this kit be too simple and lose my intrest? At $60 is it a good value or are there better ones out there?

I have 2 different kits like that...both are geared towards kits but one is more advanced than the other.

The first kit i got has these springs but each one has a # next to them so when it comes to wiring it you just follow the book by the #ed springs which really does not teach you anything

the second kit has no numbers at all..its explains the circuit and shows it in schematic wiring form in the book and you follow it by that with the added bread board and all.

The best simple circuits I always find for newcomers in the electronic field are a flip flop astabile multivibrator circuit with 2 LED's going on and off alternatively.
The Opto effect is great and these circuits are not too hard to build and made with discrete components instead of an IC.
2 x BC 547 or eq. 2 LED's , 2 caps, 4 resistors to start of with and some breadboard.
Good luck with your new hobby, and don't be afraid to ask any questions.
Regards Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back