Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency response..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabliat6

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

i cant understand how they got the praph of the capacitator

i clearly see that as the frequency goes up so does omega so the denominator goes up
and the whole expression decrisses
why does the gpath goes up as the frquency goes up

Last edited:
why does the gpath goes up as the frquency goes up

Since Xc is an inverse function of frequency, it seems clear that the graph is in error given the Y axis and plot labeling.

Hi there,

A real quick view looks like they swapped by accident the Vc and Vr. It looks like Vr is more like the cap voltage, and Vc is more like the resistor voltage.
I havent verified this by analysis though, perhaps you should do that anyway...

If the two equations represented transfer functions of an R-C filter, the top equation would be a high pass R-C filter (resistor on bottom across Vout) and the bottom equation is a low pass R-C filter (capacitor on bottom across Vout.

As 2*Pi*F goes to infinity, a capacitor is a short circuit. As 2*Pi*F goes to zero, a cap is open circuit.

As 2*Pi*F goes to infinity, an inductor is an open circuit. As 2*Pi*F goes to zero, an inductor is short circuit.

Remember these attributes of caps and inductors and you can peg low freq and high freq ends of transfer functions. It will get you pretty far on tests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back