Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hey,

How can you design a frequency divider which divides the input frequency by 3?

It relates to digital systems, So I'd like to use Counters and DFFs.

Thanks for any help.

Hey,

How can you design a frequency divider which divides the input frequency by 3?

It relates to digital systems, So I'd like to use Counters and DFFs.

Thanks for any help.

hi,
Which counters do you have on the bench.?

Hey Eric,

I got only DFFs, no counters.

It would be better doing it without using any counters, but I wasn't sure if it's possible.

Last edited:
A Google search came up with this.

Well you can make a JK out of a D.
**broken link removed**

There are two configurations possible. One uses half cycle, one uses full cycles. Must use 50-50% input duty cycle signal and half cycle circuit to get 50-50% duty cycle on output. The full cycle divider gives a 67-33% output duty cycle. If you are using it to drive an RF mixer you want the 50-50% duty cycle.

Here is an old posting. It actually generates 2/3 of the input frequency, but you could just take the 1/3 frequency at S1 or S2.

Attachments

• Divide3.png
    Divide3.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 376
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back