Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmable frequency divider question

Status
Not open for further replies.

twist900

I need to design a programmable frequency divider circuit . It needs to be able to divide the input signal by any integer in the range 1-16. This is a university course project. Can you help me with this one? Any ideas and links would be great!!!
I do know how to divide by powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16) and I saw implementations of dividers by 3 and 5, but I don't understand how to put it together.

Last edited:
Are you going to design one with discrete gates?

Take a look at the 4018 and 4059 CMOS datasheets. the schematics of the internals of the chip is included. Is that what you are looking for ?

Allen

Yes, discrete and using most standard logic elements like jk or d-flip flops, as I said its a course project at my university so it must stay quite simple. Can I implement those schemes in a designer like altera quartus and make it work? It is the lack of understanding that makes me ask these questions. Plse help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back