Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

free solar panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought all that glass on the beach was because of the kids hanging there at night.

EDIT: I would like free solar panels though.

Last edited:
They grow stuff and smoke it or sell it. I don't know how much the stuff sells for today.

Sad to say, you are probably right. But at least the young guys on this forum are not in that crowd. And I bet they get the glass bottles and drink them at home. :D

And if they saved that money, a nice DSS for the bench.

Never in my life have I thrown beer bottles or beer cans away. I always return them for a refund. Now wine and liquor bottles have a refund. I threw away many before now, boo-hoo.

I took my son to a drive-in movie parking lot early on a Sunday and we collected about $100 worth. After the next holiday we collected the same at a park. Some people throw lots of money away.

Never in my life have I thrown beer bottles or beer cans away. I always return them for a refund. Now wine and liquor bottles have a refund. I threw away many before now, boo-hoo.

I took my son to a drive-in movie parking lot early on a Sunday and we collected about $100 worth. After the next holiday we collected the same at a park. Some people throw lots of money away.
How many manhours for the $100? I might be in wrong business.

Well over here they put the refund for cans from 5 cents to 10 cents each can, bottle or whatever is tagged as recylable. Needless to say ya dont see cans rubbishing any roads or highways as pensioners and unmployeyed people collect anything they can find. Eh audio maybe you should move over to the right side of the world and supplement your pension doing the same thing.

Last edited:
I am living comfortably doing nothing but fun things in my retirement. I don't need to supplement my pension.

yeah hello i have techno. for dummies ok

dear

if u really in search of that thing i hv somthing that can help if if u mail me ur mail id

Once upon a time......

It took half an hour for two of us to collect $100 of beer bottles. One thousand of them. Most were already in boxes.

I'm sorry but, two of you did NOT collect 1000 beer bottles in half an hour (even if most were already in boxes)...unless..you went in behind other people who had collected and boxed the bottles and stole them for yourself.

I've been to parks, picnics, beaches, fairs and the like where people were drinking beer and I've never seen a situation where the bottles or cans were so well organized and neatly arranged that it would be possible for one person to collect 500 of them in half an hour.

My experience is that most bottles and cans are individually tossed in the trash can after drinking and there's rarely neatly boxed up batches laying about (since the kinds of people who box them will generally also take them for recycling). Perhaps you live in a particularly upscale and environmentally sensitive area...maybe out around Walden Pond or some such?

We've all seen homeless people picking through trash cans in parks for bottles and cans to recyucle for food/drugs/booze but, when was the last time you saw one of them picking out the empties at a solid, consistent rate of over one every 8 seconds or so?

Then, you need to add in your time to go from location to location and then to the recycling place and then the standing around on sticky floors, in the smell of stale beer, waiting for a recycling machine to come available...one that's not broken or already full (or wait for the attendant to tally your bottles). And, then you still have to redeem the **** for the bottles.

Whew! That's a pretty full half hour, huh?

Connsidering where the bottles came from, I suppose it's not unreasonable to include your shower as part of the process. But, perhaps if you happen to be one of the homeless guys I've seen collecting recycleables, you may forego the shower and just crawl into your dumpster for the night...dining on the hamburger and hot dog condiments you can lick off your skin.....

Last edited:
At the drive-in movie, the boxes of 24 beer bottles were left in neat rows.
At the park the boxes of 24 beer bottles were neatly stacked near the parking lot.
It was quick and easy to collect 1000 beer bottles for two of us in half an hour at each place.

At the drive-in movie, the boxes of 24 beer bottles were left in neat rows.
At the park the boxes of 24 beer bottles were neatly stacked near the parking lot.
It was quick and easy to collect 1000 beer bottles for two of us in half an hour at each place.

Heck, I've been to Canada many times, worked for Mitel for 15 years.

Some beer drinking people there, good people too. And the beer there taste better.

Nice to know they clean up and stack when they are done. Here in the US the kids throw them all over the place. :D

O' Canada...

Nice to know they clean up and stack when they are done. Here in the US the kids throw them all over the place. :D

Apparently, they not only do all the collecting a d boxing work, they take them to a pick up area where there's no fuss or bother of anyone else contending for the bottle return money. Polite, isn't the right word for Canadians...they're saints!

Bet the bottles were cleaned and sterilized and each and every lable scraped off, too.

Maybe we best remind audioguru to be a little careful...wont be long before those Canadian Molson-drinkers will also be actually taking the bottles back for the recycling, themselves (but, for free, as a public service, of course).

Last edited:
There are lots of stupid Canadians who throw away refundable beer and wine bottles.

I liked discount-branded beer until the price went up. Their sales were so high that Molson's bought them.

Wonder what a lable in a glass tastes like...

I liked discount-branded beer until the price went up. Their sales were so high that Molson's bought them.

I'm surely no beer expert but, I did used to enjoy trying for some of the more off-beat foreign brands to try. What I discovered in the process is that "beer snobs" (notice I didn't say beer experts) have no sense of beers...and, sometimes I had to wonder if some even had a sense of tast. A fridge full of Sam Adams usually meant that they were more inclined to drink the lable than the beer.

It really isn't uncommon to keep your party places clean. The owners or the city are more tolerant that way. I've never been much of a drinker, but have done my share in the younger years. Just bagging the trash, and putting in a pile is usually good enough. Plus, if you have a nice place, where you aren't hassled by the police (much), wouldn't you like to be able to use it again? Not such a nice place if it looks like a garbage dump, from the last party you had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back