Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

floating led clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
I've never been in a teeth-rattling 4-cylinder diesel powered car.

I've been out in one today!, a Citroen Berlingo van at work - although they have good engines, and don't rattle teeth at all :lol:

Peugeot/Citroen are well known for the high quality of their diesel engines.

My 1st car was a Renault 10 with its tiny engine in the back. Its UK-made Dunlop tires were all faulty and were replaced by French Michilens. The Dunlops blew apart and I was lucky that their inner-tubes lasted long enough for me to drive back to the dealer. I drove it for miles with the starter motor each time it ran out of gas (petrol?)!
My next car was a Renault 16 which was very comfortable, even when a rear wheel came off it still drove well.
My next car was a VW Rabbit (Fox or Golf over there?) that had a catalytic converter made for California that sprayed pieces of titanium-coated ceramic at all the cars behind me. Its timing belt was mis-adjusted by 1 cog and it backfired like crazy.
Renault, Peugeot and Citroen haven't been in Canada for many years.

audioguru said:
My 1st car was a Renault 10 with its tiny engine in the back. Its UK-made Dunlop tires were all faulty and were replaced by French Michilens. The Dunlops blew apart and I was lucky that their inner-tubes lasted long enough for me to drive back to the dealer. I drove it for miles with the starter motor each time it ran out of gas (petrol?)!
My next car was a Renault 16 which was very comfortable, even when a rear wheel came off it still drove well.
My next car was a VW Rabbit (Fox or Golf over there?) that had a catalytic converter made for California that sprayed pieces of titanium-coated ceramic at all the cars behind me. Its timing belt was mis-adjusted by 1 cog and it backfired like crazy.
Renault, Peugeot and Citroen haven't been in Canada for many years.

it is a puzzle hehe,
who can guess what can be your next car?! :lol:

Nigel,
i think i have to change the program of my micro if i want to convert a propeller clock into a foat clock

epilot said:
it is a puzzle hehe,
When I got a Chevy company car, I bought a turbo Pontiac for my wifey. We both enjoyed the turbo. Then I bought 3 more Pontiacs before getting the Chevy I have now.
Last night Volvo showed their car-of-the-future on TV. It had radar distance detectors and cameras all over it. It drove all by itself.

The TV news said that watches aren't selling anymore. Everybody sees the time on their cell phone. My cell phone is so stupid that it doesn't even know that daylight savings time ended a few months ago. Each time I look at my cell phone its battery is nearly dead. My son plays too much with its camera. He says, "I didn't touch it".

audioguru said:
epilot said:
it is a puzzle hehe,
When I got a Chevy company car, I bought a turbo Pontiac for my wifey. We both enjoyed the turbo. Then I bought 3 more Pontiacs before getting the Chevy I have now.
Last night Volvo showed their car-of-the-future on TV. It had radar distance detectors and cameras all over it. It drove all by itself.

The TV news said that watches aren't selling anymore. Everybody sees the time on their cell phone. My cell phone is so stupid that it doesn't even know that daylight savings time ended a few months ago. Each time I look at my cell phone its battery is nearly dead. My son plays too much with its camera. He says, "I didn't touch it".

now that you like cars so it is better we talk about them rather than floating clocks :wink: ,
go here:
http://www.worth1000.com/cache/gallery/contestcache.asp?contest_id=2603&display=photoshop

what is your idea about this, would you like to buy it? :lol:

Attachments

• 84094tybx_w.jpg
    84094tybx_w.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 535
My father had a '49 Austin like that, but without the Guiness. I was too small to reach the pedals. :lol:

epilot said:
Nigel,
i think i have to change the program of my micro if i want to convert a propeller clock into a foat clock

Yes, you would, but only relatively minor changes. If you just want to build someone elses published design you may as well just buy one ready made?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back