Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

floating led clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hi friends,

i had a search in internet for a floating led like what you see at the pic but with no success, i want to build a led vibrated clock like the pic so does anyone know any link for that kind of clocks?

thanks

Attachments

• led_swing_clock_scanned_display.jpg
    led_swing_clock_scanned_display.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 827
Nigel beat me by less than 1 minute!
And he is at work! (?)
I am just a retired bum.

thanks friends
really i have some of links about led propellers in my PC(that pic i have shown is not a propeller it is a floating led propeller:shock: ) but i wanted t build a FLOATING led clock no a propeller(see the pic),but i could not find any link about it

audioguru said:
Nigel beat me by less than 1 minute!
And he is at work! (?)
I am just a retired bum.

no, you and Nigle have kindness to me :)

Doesn't the floating clock vibrate like crazy? Buzzzzzzzzzzz?
I saw one on a shelf at RadioShack and it was held from moving with tape.
Nothing stopped the shelf from moving. Nothing stopped RadioShack from moving. (They aren't in Canada anymore) :lol:

Meaby its an alarm clock so it starts at the alarm time.In the user manual its probobly stated that it works best if placed on a high shelf above the bed.

Someone Electro said:
In the user manual its probobly stated that it works best if placed on a high shelf above the bed.
I wouldn't want to have a vibrating thing on a high shelf over my bed.
If you set it so that it begins to vibrate at alarm time then it's a different story. Ouch! :lol:

heyyy what do you are talk about?!
are you sure you never seen these kind of movement led clocks?
no perhaps the problem is from my broken english language!
my mean about vibration was a forward and backward movement caused by the coil for the leds, my mean was not a vibration motor like a mobile phone :roll:

**broken link removed**

The LEDs are on a rod that waves left and right. The LEDs and rod are heavy and their reciprocating motion causes vibration. I doubt that a cheap boat has a finely-balanced counterweight in it to cancel vibration.

Other kinds of LED clocks project the light of the LEDs on a wall or on the ceiling. They don't have moving parts.

audioguru said:
The LEDs are on a rod that waves left and right. The LEDs and rod are heavy and their reciprocating motion causes vibration. I doubt that a cheap boat has a finely-balanced counterweight in it to cancel vibration.

Other kinds of LED clocks project the light of the LEDs on a wall or on the ceiling. They don't have moving parts.

nice part is MOVING. a clock on the wall can not be as nice as a float or propeller led clock

although these are in commercial but it seems no one know any link about a home built float clocks!

Even if it was balanced it would still vidrate becose the rod is constactly changing direction.That will also make it vibrate(But not as much as it was unbalanced)

If it is perfectly balanced then it would probably make a twisting vibration.
They could add another object moving back and forth the in opposite directions to the swinging LED rod to cancel all vibration.
A mechanical nightmare to make an electronic clock.

audioguru said:
If it is perfectly balanced then it would probably make a twisting vibration.
They could add another object moving back and forth the in opposite directions to the swinging LED rod to cancel all vibration.
A mechanical nightmare to make an electronic clock.
and with all balancing and counterbalancing . the clock will look like a truck engine :lol:

epilot said:
although these are in commercial but it seems no one know any link about a home built float clocks!

That's why I suggested the propellor clock, it's almost identical, with only slight mechanical differences - you should be easily able to convert a propellor clock to a 'float' clock - the principle of operation is the same.

Nigel hasn't driven a Mazda with its very smooth (hmmmm) rotary engine. :lol: :lol:

I've never been in a teeth-rattling 4-cylinder diesel powered car. My new car has counter-rotating balance shafts that reduce its 4-cylinder vibration so low that I don't know if it is running. I've read that the balance shafts spin at twice the RPM of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back