Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECU on a hyudai atoz

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bike runs more quietly than any car. It does not pollute ( nor stink ). It's comfortable for long rides of over 2,000 miles, gets 50 MPG, runs well over 100 ( though I don't often go that fast ) It has a stereo with speakers in the helmets, intercom, cruise control, adjustable air ride shocks and even a reverse gear. Bikes are much more advanced than you think.

A BIKE WITH REVERSE GEAR?!! :eek:

Last incredible thing with "reverse gear" I saw was a Boeing 727. But A BIKE?

Last edited:
but if you have a side csr you might as well have a car instead !

You're rather missing the point - you need a car licence (and passing the car test) to drive a car. Back in my day, you could drive a 1000cc motorbike at 16 years old, without any kind of test, as long as it had a sidecar :D

Even now, you don't need a car licence to drive a motorbike and sidecar (or a three wheeler car - with limitations).

no I think you need a bike license don't you ? at least you do in italy now, you have to take bike lessens and have a bike test, thats all the "A" licenses, then its AB for a car

no worrie HiTech, i have a biker friend that has a huge distaste for Harleys, from what I understand they are a stupid design engine and its this design (and the horrible noise) thatstupid people cling to so dearly
I was going to save that tid-bit for another thread but you hit the nail on the head. harleys are nothing more than a cult following by many who believe buying American is the only way. LMAO as they ride their USA made bike wearing leather cut and stitched across the ocean! Harleys are fairly sloppy in tolerances. They are mid quality bikes when compared to something that has an S&S motor and a Baker transmission. A BMW or a Ducati is a superb bike. Heck, even my old German made Maico 2-stroke dirt bike had engine tolerances and a chromoly frame that would make any Harley engineer cry with jealousy.

I peeked on Google and see that it is a tiny little toy car that would be laughed at if it was in Canada.
My son had a Little Tykes pedal car that was about the same size as that Atoz. It had unbelievably great fuel economy - it used his two little legs, just like Fred Flinstone.

**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Why is the entire rear end of the Atoz chopped off?

no mate thats as far as it goes, maybe someday you will be able to buy the "add on boot" as it stands there is the standard "rear glove compartment" i think i could put the atoz into the boot of my mondeo

I was going to save that tid-bit for another thread but you hit the nail on the head. harleys are nothing more than a cult following by many who believe buying American is the only way. LMAO as they ride their USA made bike wearing leather cut and stitched across the ocean! Harleys are fairly sloppy in tolerances. They are mid quality bikes when compared to something that has an S&S motor and a Baker transmission. A BMW or a Ducati is a superb bike. Heck, even my old German made Maico 2-stroke dirt bike had engine tolerances and a chromoly frame that would make any Harley engineer cry with jealousy.

from what I undertand the design is such that after a given rpm the engine will just fly to peices, hence the bikes being big slow ugly and loud for people that don't have a voice of their own

The idiots who modify their Harley-Davidson motorcycles make them deafenly loud because they remove the silencers. Then they sound like guns being blasted.
The idiot drivers have huge beer bellies and no strength.

getting back to the original post - there should be a thermostatic idle control on the throttle body. this runs coolant through it & controls idle speed depending on temperature as you described. Get the motor up to temperature and feel the inlet & outlet pipes. If there is a difference in temp of the pipes you have a blockage. What you do from there is up to you.

Why is the entire rear end of the Atoz chopped off?
My guess is: wind tunnel tests show that airstreams build up behind the abruptly chopped body, thereby creating a vortex of wind energy to help propel the little thing down the road, further increasing it's fuel economy. It gives the 4 weary squirrels under the hood a chance to recollect.:rolleyes:

The idiots who modify their Harley-Davidson motorcycles make them deafenly loud because they remove the silencers. Then they sound like guns being blasted.
The idiot drivers have huge beer bellies and no strength.
In my state the gov. recently passed the "no helemt" law. IMHO this is one piece of perfect legislation. The hard-heads who succumb to fatal crashes are removed from the human gene pool. Nature at its best! As a side benefit to that law, I no longer have to cautiously explain to my son what all those foul words mean written on some of the rider's helmets.:rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back