Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECU on a hyudai atoz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

Anyone know where the ECU is on a Hyundai Atoz ? I want to see if someone has put something silly on mine making it rev all the time

nope this is temperature controlled, if it cold its revs mad until it warms up, in the summer hardly no problem, in the winter boarders on dangerous as the car is pulled along. there are "gadgets" that go on the exaust sensor line that make it think its colder and rev the engine, this accroding to the ebay listing gives + 20 BHP, I suspect some sort of rubbish is on my car

That will probably be on your inlet air temperature sensor or the engine coolant sensor if someone has botched one on.

The inlet air temp sensor is usually between the airbox and the throttle body mounted on the thick plastic air tube.

The coolant temp sensor (unlikely) tends to be screwed into the head of the engine. There are often two, one for the temperature gauge on the dashboard and one for the ECU.

there is no air inlet sensor that I'm aware of but I'l have a scout around, the gadget is likely to be on the wire coming from these sensors but next to the ecu rather than fly mounted in the engine compartment

These are a common E-Bay scams. The resistor mod.

They are almost always just plain resistors that is put on the engine bay connector for the intake air temp sensor. Disconnect the two prong plug from the intake air temp sensor and replace it with a resistor making it think the air is always cold so it dumps fuel. The fancier ones actually have an OEM style plug with the resistor in it. The cheaper ones just send you a standard axial 1/4watt resistor to insert in the plug holes.

If you think you have one installed, look for the intake air temp sensor like mentioned. It will be on the intake itself or more often the plenum. Make sure the plug is connected to it.

It could be at the ECU, but that would require snipping wires and reconnecting things, which is much more work.

Why not just get a copy of the repair manual? The manual is cheapest auto mechanic you can get.

The Hyundai Atoz is not available in Canada so maybe it is a tiny little car? Maybe with a stinking smokey diesel engine? And cost nearly nothing?
Throw it away and buy a real car.

I peeked on Google and see that it is a tiny little toy car that would be laughed at if it was in Canada.

Attachments

• Atoz.JPG
    Atoz.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 335
The Hyundai Atoz - Throw it away and buy a real car.

This car (known as Hyundai Atos here) is the most successful taxicab. Enough room for the legs, decent interior materials, consumes very little fuel, It can slip and park everywhere, indestructible mechanical parts, spare parts are cheap (even on legal market), and no specialized mechanics are required to fix it.

Taxicab drivers drive 250 Km daily on them, or even 24/7when two drivers share the same car (one for day, other for night)

No, I would never buy one. They are insafe (lateral and rear impacts) and a predilect target for car thieves (spare parts black market). Give me a Peugeot 207 instead :)

But damn, that Atos it's a REAL car!

Attachments

• ATOS%20VDX469%201014%20A.JPG
    ATOS%20VDX469%201014%20A.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
The SMART car is the smallest car in Canada. I laugh whenever I see one.
The Hyundai toy car in England is almost as small.

The tiny little English (Korean) cars are a joke.
Because the English people pay a huge mark-up on gasoline to the Queen????

A few people in Canada drive stinking noisy motorcycles.
They do not have pollution controls and the owners remove their mufflers to make them deafening.

My bike runs more quietly than any car. It does not pollute ( nor stink ). It's comfortable for long rides of over 2,000 miles, gets 50 MPG, runs well over 100 ( though I don't often go that fast ) It has a stereo with speakers in the helmets, intercom, cruise control, adjustable air ride shocks and even a reverse gear. Bikes are much more advanced than you think.

Last edited:
The Hyundai Atoz is not available in Canada so maybe it is a tiny little car? Maybe with a stinking smokey diesel engine? And cost nearly nothing?
Throw it away and buy a real car.

I peeked on Google and see that it is a tiny little toy car that would be laughed at if it was in Canada.

I've got a real car: a ford mondeo 1.8L but I want to sell the atoz in as safe a state as I can

A few people in Canada drive stinking noisy motorcycles.
They do not have pollution controls and the owners remove their mufflers to make them deafening.
We deal with lots and lots and lots of that BS south of your border. There are all these 30-40+yrs olds scooting around on their Harleys, tricked out and noisey as all hell. Worse yet is when they feel the need to rev the motor at traffic lights... as if the engine can't idle on its own. I used to enjoy motorcycles, but since the lid blew off from shows like orange County Choppers, West Coast Choppers, and similar biker shows, the richest people in America are the bike shop owners! Every weekend there are numerous rallyes to support this cause and that cause --- basically an excuse to ride in a large group. Ther are many young women riding their own Harleys too. They all seem to display a tough-guy attitude when they ride. The tough guy is the man behind the wheel of a Peterbuilt cruising at 65mph following a scragly bearded biker on a a bike with ape hanger handlebars! The USA had many rediculous vehicle laws, but somehow nothing is on the books for keeping motorcycles as low noise, low pollution vehicles. Heck, even lawnmowers have gone to low emissions. I get a real laugh at the Honda Gold Wingers outfitted with side packs, and pulling a trailer. Sometimes I'll yell out "just drive a car, it hauls more and keeps you safer and dry!"

I've resorted to riding off road with a small, nice quiet 4-stroke motor. And don't get me started on those ninja bikers and their dangerous antics on the road.:mad:

OK - off my soapbox -- sorry for the hijack.:eek:

no worrie HiTech, i have a biker friend that has a huge distaste for Harleys, from what I understand they are a stupid design engine and its this design (and the horrible noise) thatstupid people cling to so dearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back