Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY pack 21.zip needed for micro pro k150 programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are confusing yourself about having a sense of humour. Instead of being sarcastic, obnoxious and generally annoying. Contrary to popular belief there is a difference.

Don't quite understand what are you so mad at. Nor do I understand the problem you're facing. If you have an LVP-only programmer there are ways to use it to program an HVP part (if it does have a support for this part, which, being LVP-only it may not). The most obvious, is to apply the high voltage (12V for example, depends on the chip) to MCLR during programming manually - if it programs consecutively it'll work. The other way is to add a circuit which will apply high voltage to MCLR depending on the signal applied by the programmer on its pin 1 (or pin 6). If it is something else, please do tell.

My apologies . I am being very precious today!! As they say if you cannot say anything nice, it's safer not to say anything at all. The info you precluded to in the last post interested me. I think with the hardware I have to program, one is definitely a cheap Chinese clone and not the genuine article .It worked previously on an old laptop running windows xp. Need to update firmware on another pic chip and see if this programmer can run on another computer. Also a dds project I have constructed needs to be burnt onto a pic 16f84a using a pic kit 2 clone I have in my possession .Unfortunately the voltage from the usb on my netbook is low. Configuration bits in source code, need checking and hardware setup looked at again. So many unanswered questions, and lost unproductive time spent on this already !! Should have gone down the arduino route to control the ad9850 dds module.

PICKit2 certainly can do HVP. It makes its own high voltage using inductors to boost it. Note that high/low voltage refers to the MCLR pin, not VDD pin. VDD pin has to be at 5V. For 84A, you need at least 4.5V on VDD, or it will not erase. So, if your USB voltage is weak or less than 4.5V, you may have to use your own power.

Thank you north guy. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere now. Would be nice just to get something working at the moment ,as so much time has been invested already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back