Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coil Drive Circuit Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my magnets will be facing the same way so all the coil pairs will match and again all 9 coil pairs are drive coilsView attachment 68971the gray circles are mags and green are coil pairs
and this is the firing orderView attachment 68972as you see it will fire many times per revolution attract repell.
i am sorry as my scanner is DOA and cant upload my drawings will be getting one soon.

Last edited:
thanks for all the help and yes i need a H bridge for my driver set up but cant figure out how to get second half of H bridge to fire with one hall sensor ? might need two right next to each other..... any suggestions??????. i will post all my data,pics and parts list of unit as i am building it. im going to cali for a few months on a job so i cant start building it until i get back but the good thing is all my parts will be waiting for me when i get home.

A logic inverter chip would make one side of the H-bridge on when the Hall sensor is off.

Here is my Circuit that i designed up to date.View attachment 69086 there is a chip on the schematics that has no name on it...so you are telling me that i can put a logic inverter chip in this place powering both halves ???? i have two hall sensors showing only for visual only. i am sure i have mistakes as i am new to circuits and this is first try at designing.......HELLLLP ! and thank you Shortbus= for your time and input.

I know you don't want to hear it, but, you are not ever going to get as much power out as you put in. Never. It is not in the realm of physics. It always takes more input power to get a level of out put.

I can maybe help get your motor to run, but that's all it will be, a motor. It's up to you, if you will be satisfied with that.

And before you say that Muller patented his motor, an idea is patentable. A patent does not make any claim to viability.

AND I REPEAT...." I WILL BE USING ALL NINE COIL PAIRS AS DRIVE COILS....NOT HARVESTING POWER FOR ANYTHING BUT TO DRIVE MOTOR" i am trying to get as much horse power as i posibly can{no collection of power} except to dump bemf back on main buss to ease power draw. > THATS ALL IM TRYING TO DO < i am here to get advice on my driver circuit...."will it work" if i use an inverter to power second half of H bridge ????????? the hall sensor has to fire both sides one after another in a pull/push maner. also will the coil change polarity if it is fired from opposit sides or am i going to have to wind the coil in CW/CCW fastion on each coil.? please look at my last post i included a schematic of my drive circuit. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back