Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chasis design

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

hlo
what should be done for making plastic box chasis for a project it should be of good in look
pls tell how to do this?

I think for your designs you could make them out of flat plastic ( remember how big the display is going to be, you may want stiffeners ) and plastic right angle to finish the edges.... Maybe small wood construction for the inside..

Similar to the way they make the aluminum flight cases.... Even the lids of these would look good...

Hi Ritesh

You can maybe grab a few tips here: **broken link removed**

Regards,
tvtech

First off, why do you want a "box?" Electronic systems don't have to be in a box. Many are simply shrink-wrapped. That is easy, cheap, and protects them from the elements.

As Ian points out, your signs are fairly large. Just shrink-wrap the electronics and attach them to the back with Velcro or something similar.

John

First off, why do you want a "box?" Electronic systems don't have to be in a box. Many are simply shrink-wrapped. That is easy, cheap, and protects them from the elements.

As Ian points out, your signs are fairly large. Just shrink-wrap the electronics and attach them to the back with Velcro or something similar.

John

Hi John

I forgot about the fact that these are strictly not Industrial or industry standard in any way. They are a labor of love.

So yes, shrink wrap sounds like a fantastic solution, complete with the Velcro and all that.

The stiff board part that the Electronics are mounted onto though needs to be strong. Shrink wrap tends to buckle things if pushed too hard. Or if too many layers are applied.

I wish I could have thought of this. Always an easier way to do things :cool:

Regards,
tvtech

Still lost :wideyed:

But hey I understand. Sort of :wideyed:

How were the woods? You find anything there?

Still lost :wideyed:

But hey I understand. Sort of :wideyed:

How were the woods? You find anything there?
I was working at a haunted attraction for three months and camping in the woods because its so far from home.

OK. Thanks for letting me know :)

I was getting worried about you last night.

Regards,
tvtech

Hello,
I think thread was confusing.
anyway, actually i was working on automatic tank level using Ultrasonic sensor for that i need to develop a container with good look.
but Today i was installing (using sun board ) I think it will be better to use the contact for sensing using water resistance and it is waterproof better option than ultrasonic sensor and easy way.
so, for making that sensing part in tank I though to have plastic thread tied with heavy iron or stone than wiring the plastic wire with that conducting wire to micro controller like this.

Hello,
anyway, actually i was working on automatic tank level using Ultrasonic sensor for that i need to develop a container with good look.
but Today i was installing (using sun board ) I think it will be better to use the contact for sensing using water resistance and it is waterproof better option than ultrasonic sensor and easy way.
so, for making that sensing part in tank I though to have plastic thread tied with heavy iron or stone than wiring the plastic wire with that conducting wire to micro controller like this.
Then you should have said that..... As far as I was aware you were working on LED displays...

Hello,
I still don't get it.
If its in a tank then who cares what it looks like.
And it seems you changer your mind on the level sensor from ultrasonic to resistance probes, two totally different things to house, so what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back