Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

build cnc using brushless dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

islambadr

i'm build cnc machine . i have 3phase brushless dcmotor with encoder can i use these kind of motor for my machine ?. if i can how can i use the encoder.please help me

i'm build cnc machine . i have 3phase brushless dcmotor with encoder can i use these kind of motor for my machine ?. if i can how can i use the encoder.please help me

So little detail.

Its not just the size of the motors and controller, that you must know, but
also the size and load placed on them.
Also, you mention nothing specific.

BTW, the servo motors used on an NC machine, are little more them modified DC motors with absolute encoders on them.(well, anyways, thats a simplistic way of describing them.)

There is tons of info on this subject, if you google.
Yes some sites even have full working boards with schematics, and code
for using microcontroller.

You can check out-- www.cnczone.com

Good luck!

my motor has the following parameter
38 V
6.5 A
227 RPM
it is not a servo motor but it is burshless dc motor with absolute encoder with it.I want to know can i use it for building cnc as i found that all use stepper and servo.

Im looking to do the same thing, I have a pair of Honeywell motors with some encoders on the back. I cant figure out how to get any sort of reading out of the encoders though. I took one apart and got the pin connections. It looks like there are only 2 measurements that are taken off of the encoder disk and then it is put through an inverter to give 4 outputs.
I'm able to see some waveforms, but they dont seem to change much, even with a very slight turn of the motor shaft I get many oscillations (probably 20 or more) in the output .

To answer your question, you can use the encoder to measure how far the motors travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back