Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blast from the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

twedspeed

HI - This is an old 1958 SEEBURG wall box , that I picked up on E-Bay a few years back , I originally held out plans of finding an old juke box to which I could connect it , but the only compatable ones are very rare and very expensive - I do like it as an ornament - But it could be so much more - All the selecter buttons still work , Is there anyway these impulses could be teamed up to a modern I-pod or somthing like that - I know its a big project and I,m way out of my depth here, but it would be so nice to make it more than just an ornament .
Theres limited room inside but the old coin box could support I pod - charger - and box of tricks - without disturbing the orig mechs.
Can anyone direct me to somebody who may be able to advise me further on this matter .
Thank you Chris.

Attachments

• wall box 001.JPG
    wall box 001.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 266
  • wall box 006.JPG
    wall box 006.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 268
  • wall box 009.JPG
    wall box 009.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 248
  • wall box 010.JPG
    wall box 010.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 262
  • wall box 014.JPG
    wall box 014.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 260
  • wall box 016.JPG
    wall box 016.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 254
Do some googling on "seeburg jukebox" - you'll find that there's many collectors out there with the tech experience you seek to do something with the box; likely you are going to want to interface it with some kind of microcontroller, then use that to communicate with whatever device strikes your fancy. My only other advice would be to take care if you do any restoration work on it; I am not sure what such a device is worth on the antique market, but I do know that if you do the wrong thing, you can destroy value instantly like nobody's business. Your first order of business will probably be to clean it up and make sure that it works like it is supposed to. This may not be an easy thing to do, depending on whether you can find a knowledgeable collector of Seeburg jukeboxes that would let you hook it up (and/or could troubleshoot issues with it). You want to know that it works, so you can then interface with it (otherwise you'll be left guessing whether the issue if the selector, your interface, your code, or anything else). Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back