Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bidirectional dc current sensing with 358 or 324 op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

any bode can help me about bidirectional dc current sensing with 358 or 324 op amp ? need its output read form mcu. i was try on Google , but not get it .

What current magnitude?

Can you break into the minus return lead into the power supply?

Can you devote two ADC channels (one for negative currents, one for positive current)?

What mcu supply voltage?
Can you provide dual polarity supplies for the opamp?

i'm trying to do an amp meter with a shunt
I have need to read 50 amp DC. for inverter.
1- as on load ( when inverter on , now charging
off)
2- as on charging mode (now invereter
off ,charging on )
these reading read with 1 ADC .
not 2 ADC.

Last edited:
It will help us to design something if you answer all the questions put to you. Please see post #3, and question 2 in post #2.

In your schematic, why are both inputs of both opamps connected to the same point?

You're making it far too complicated - use a single opamp and bias it so zero current gives half voltage out, current one way will increase the voltage, current the other way will decrease it - one opamp, one adc, a little simple maths, no problem.

You're making it far too complicated - use a single opamp and bias it so zero current gives half voltage out, current one way will increase the voltage, current the other way will decrease it - one opamp, one adc, a little simple maths, no problem.
yes sir too complicated ,
when i usedit one by one ADC .is work fine
but when Add 2 pc IN 4148 diAod . its droped 0.350 volt on o\p terminal.
i use reff doc those AN1521 form microchip .
in this Atchment show only 1 part

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.PNG
    New Bitmap Image.PNG
    84.3 KB · Views: 217
Assume: ADC range is 0 to 1V
Assume:Vref=1V
Want to measure +/- current.
(I think a gain of 100 is too large but)
R12 and R13 (2k and 2k) look like a 1k to 1/2 of Vref. (1k to 0.5V)
The amp has a gain of 100x. So a +/- 5mV signal will make a +/-500mV signal centered around 0.5V.
upload_2014-11-9_17-44-2.png

Assume: ADC range is 0 to 1V
Assume:Vref=1V
Want to measure +/- current.
(I think a gain of 100 is too large but)
R12 and R13 (2k and 2k) look like a 1k to 1/2 of Vref. (1k to 0.5V)
The amp has a gain of 100x. So a +/- 5mV signal will make a +/-500mV signal centered around 0.5V.
View attachment 89230
The output of the opamp will be a negative voltage in the cct you provided. The positive reference voltage should be connected to the +ve input of the opamp.

Yes Yes what was I thinking? Thank you Dougy83
upload_2014-11-9_22-12-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-9_22-9-36.png
    upload_2014-11-9_22-9-36.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 173
I think it's better to do it as shown in the following circuit. Zero amps gives ~2.5V out, -50 A --> 5 V out and +50 A --> 0 V out. Gain can be changed by changing R1.
View attachment 89239

whats the EQUATION of this sch ?
Also tell me About v1 & v2.
v1 is those voltage , which Are develop here by current flow ?
v2 is reff voltage . I'm right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back