Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

auto prefix dialing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

i live with my granny and so to phone use a seperate service that is actually cheaper but requires dialling a frefix. so can a circuit be made to be put before the phone to predial it at a press of a button automatically. or is it possible to hac the phone maybe a counter that will feed a decoder that at each beat will dial a number.
i need a general direction to go in.

Thunderchild said:
i live with my granny and so to phone use a seperate service that is actually cheaper but requires dialling a frefix. so can a circuit be made to be put before the phone to predial it at a press of a button automatically. or is it possible to hac the phone maybe a counter that will feed a decoder that at each beat will dial a number.
i need a general direction to go in.

The companies usually supply such a device with the service?, we had such a service at work for a while, and they gave us a box for every phone. We don't use them anymore, and I took one to pieces - it's stuffed full of surface mount chips, including at least two PIC's - however, these were quite complicated ones, they automatically analysed each number and dialed the cheapest option regardless (they downloaded accurate data for this on a regular basis).

hm no they don't supply it as i can use this from any phone. it works like this. i pay and get a pin number. then i phone a green number and insert the pin and then can phone anyone. but i can also register the number i phone from so i just dial the prefix before every number. so i want to make a box that will dial the number when i press the button or i could make it work so that when the handset is raised it is dialed. i could as i said interface directly to the phones keypad but i'm not sure on how to electrically press the buttons. relays r obvious but large noisy power consuming and expensive (5 € here ridicolous)

then what can i still dial another number after. perhaps i best get a standard phone and hac to te keyboard so that from a seperate circuit i can make alli want !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back