Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Annoying arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
Recenting as I was typing a long reply that ended on the last line of the screen, my characters ran into a "stupid" arrow in the middle of the bottom of the page, I could not "type thru" the arrow. I had to make the box bigger first.

I agree with that, the "Scroll to top" arrow is annoying, and I never use it anyway.

JimB

How about having an arrow poll broken into two parts: Mobile and regualr web

It's really annoying on the mobile site where it COULD be preceived as needed, but it gets in the way when posting.
It's totally UNNEEDED in the regular website because th "HOME" key does what the arrow does and the END key does the reverse.

So, why is it even needed?

Great!

Done it, arrow gone.

Thank you EM.

JimB

Hello there,

I really like the arrow and i missed it from the old software. But i think it would be much better placed to the right of the text box or even to the left, or even completely under it. That's because when you are typing on the last line of the text box the arrow often covers the text while you are typing. I am able to type through it, but it's still a little annoying because you can not see the text until you scroll up. So maybe a little better positioning will be better.
During the writing of this very post, the arrow obscured the text about 4 times.
Funny, the word "obscured" was obscured too so i could not see if it was typed correctly or not until i scrolled up :)

Hi again,

I just noticed that the arrow also rides over the text when just reading a post too.
The status bar of the web browser is just underneath that, so if there was a thin secondary custom status bar right above that it would allow the arrow (and other inventions) do appear without a problem if the bottom of the text box was just above that bar. Would be pretty nice i think, hopefully not too hard to implement.
Just an idea...

MrAl
Agreed, it should be below the text box. Being in the TEXT box made it annoying.

Food for Thought: Should the preference be saved for the mobile and regular site separately?

@EM
Thanks for the ability to remove it in the preferences.

Hi,

Yes that's a good idea to be able to remove it in normal or mobile contexts.
I hate to remove it though because i like having an arrow and i liked it in the old software too. It makes it much faster to get back to the top of the page where everything else is.
I also now noticed it gets in the way other times too.

First time i noticed that arrow, still, pretty annoying when trying to read, but luckily its easily solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back