Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active Speaker for the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

loukas21

Hello guys!
I'm new and im working on "Active Speaker for the PC" project.
I find a guide on internet and wanted to create it.

And this is the results:
screenshot1hwf.png

But its play like i have a headphones and its hard to hear.
I use:
1x12V adapter
1xAN7312 IC
2x10Kohm resistors
2x1000ohm resistors
2x8Ω 3W speakers
Any suggestion..?
Sorry for bad english :(

Any suggestion..?

The AN7312 is intended to be a pre-amplifier, not a power amplifier which can drive a speaker.

Your circuit is completely wrong, even with the AN7312 being totally inappropriate, the circuit is just plain wrong.

There must be many suitable circuits on the net, where did you find the "guide" which pointed you to that circuit?

JimB

its play like i have a headphones and its hard to hear.
I'm not surprised. That IC is a pre-amplifier, not a power amplifier, so it can't drive 8Ω speakers properly. Also, the supply and channel wiring in the schematic is incorrect. Use the pins as per the datasheet.

when its say "non-inverting input A" on 556 IC its not output A ?
1) A 'non-inverting input' is an input.
2) A '556 IC' normally refers to a dual timer IC. Are you confusing that with a AN7312?

Hi,

Also i notice that in your schematic you are using a two conductor phone plug to plug into the computer. Most computer outputs are stereo and that would mean you need a three conductor phone plug not a two conductor. If your sound card really does have a two conductor output then you are ok, but most have three conductor phone jacks so i thought i would mention this.

The two conductor phone plug has one ground, one signal wire. The three conductor has one ground, but two signal wires one for each channel (stereo).

BTW how much output power do you want to have for this thing? 1 watt is enough for speakers unless you are looking for a very loud system.
Also, what kind of power source do you have available to run the chip?

An example of a audio power amp chip is the TDA1554 ic chip. I've never used it though but it doesnt look too bad. Takes 14v power supply input or so.

Last edited:
i have to types of speakers, 0,5W and 3W
i think i can make and with 0.5W but i cant find a schematic plus i need to find and new IC..

Have you considered the LM386N IC? It can drive an 8Ω speaker at up to ~500mW. You would need two for stereo. The datasheet includes schematics.

Yep, lots of cheap little PC powered speaker sets have LM386 ICs in them.

But of course you can buy those little powered speakers for a few bucks on ebay, so why build?

And the LM386 datasheet has examples of minimum-parts audo amps. Download a few different manufacturer's LM386 datasheets, some have more example circuits than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back